if ur a admin click here

Talk between players of the game about the game ( no personal attacks )
tomer
Private First Class
Private First Class

if ur a admin click here

Post by tomer »

hi im trying to earn being a admin does sayin good shot when u get hit
help becuase its nice or try again next time help
im interested in watching chat lines
tell me how u got ur job thank u
the world can be a beutiful place u just gotta know how to look at it
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Meteorite »

It's not one thing that gets it. It's consistency.

Generally, asking or wanting to know how to become an admin indicates you are not ready for it and server owners will recognize that.

And, please, for everyone's sake, read my private message, and don't repost the same thing after it was subsequently deleted.
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN

Email me: bzmet…@gmail.com
meeba
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by meeba »

tomer, funny how you talk about how you'd be a good admin... it seems you are banned from lodxcol's Missile War server because you abused poll ban.
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

He's banned? :?

Tomer, you really should not need worry about Adminship, you don't get any special benefits, you don't get special 'Admin' powers when playing, increased shot speed etc, etc :)
Catoblepas
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Catoblepas »

Tomer, I couldn't help but notice my eyes felt like they where burning in acid while reading your post. So I have provided you with a correct version....

Becomes

Hello, I am hoping to be an administrator. Dose saying "good shot" when you get hit
help because it's nice, or perhaps "try again next time"?
I'm interested in watching the message board.
Please tell me how you became an administrator, thank you.

TangenT

I think that mentioning peoples names and bans on the forum is against the rules.
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

Catoblepas wrote:Tomer, I couldn't help but notice my eyes felt like they where burning in acid while reading your post. So I have provided you with a correct version....

Becomes

Hello, I am hoping to be an administrator. Dose saying "good shot" when you get hit
help because it's nice, or perhaps "try again next time"?
I'm interested in watching the message board.
Please tell me how you became an administrator, thank you.
Tomer seem's to be very young or has English as a 2nd/3rd etc Language. So editing his whole post doesn't help much. Try granting him fast life so he may grow up and become much wiser :P

Also, something tells me he won't be seeing this Topic ever again, he seems to post once and never come back to it :P
jinx
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by jinx »

Catoblepas wrote:[snip]

I think that mentioning peoples names and bans on the forum is against the rules.
For my education, please quote this rule.

Thanks.
If you think I was mean, please tell me. I was actually going for NASTY!
Catoblepas
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Catoblepas »

It dosn't say that exactly but on the topic "Players" it says

Players
Talk between players of the game about the game ( no personal attacks )

I just thought that "no personal attacks" included mentioning bans.
jinx
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by jinx »

Catoblepas wrote:[snip]
I just thought that "no personal attacks" included mentioning bans.
Ahh.

As for Tomer, just chatting all the time is not helping players. Its just chatting for chattings' sake.

Being helpful means if someone asks a question about the game, you answer it. But you should only answer it if you know the answer - don't guess. If you don't know the answer, just keep quiet and see if someone else knows the answer.

Being helpful means playing by the server rules, playing with sportsmanship, and treating other players how you would want to be treated.

It also means doing what an admin asks you to do. Unlike when I asked you to stop polling at MisslewWars, and yet you continued to do so. Not a wise thing to do.
If you think I was mean, please tell me. I was actually going for NASTY!
DoesMyBumLookBigInThis?
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by DoesMyBumLookBigInThis? »

Becoming an admin is earned by trust and a willingness to learn. You need to be friendly and always stick to the rules.

There is no point asking to an admin as it gets you nowhere if anything it puts people off you. If a map owner or other admins think you are the kind of person they want you may be asked to be an admin.

For now just play the game get experience and dont worry about being an admin or not, just have fun! :D
The world is like a big blue orange.
L4m3r
Hater of Everything
Hater of Everything

Post by L4m3r »

As a note, it is not explicitly against the rules to discuss bans on BZBB. However, you may not do the following:
  • Recommend someone be banned
  • Report misbehavior
  • Single out players who have been banned or who have misbehaved
  • Gripe about an unfair ban
Mainly, you're just not supposed to go public with an otherwise private issue between a player and server admin/owner. In this thread it's relevant and fine to mention it in passing.
Optimism is just a milder alternative to denial.
TheOneAndOnly
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by TheOneAndOnly »

i agree, Being admin is not rly anything different from being a member or a non-member, just because you might get asked loads of questions e.t.c. if you are not an admin, you should really get treated the same as other people.
laserball2

Post by laserball2 »

can i be admin plz :? :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :!:
Goodbye2U
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Goodbye2U »

Weren't you reading what they said? :roll:
I'm thinking I need a better sig than this...
laserball2

Post by laserball2 »

why :roll:
laserball2

Post by laserball2 »

u hate me dont u thats not nice :shock: :shock: :evil: :evil:
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

Wow, no need to be emo. Just read this thread - it explains that outright asking to be admin will not get you anywhere.
You're more likely to become an admin by being quiet, yet helpful.

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

"go Play With Toys urself in a dark alley u donkey ******" - Lt-Kirby2007
The Vet
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by The Vet »

I just think Tomer and other people who want adminship do it because they can /kill and /ban anyone they want. This place really doesn't need admins like that.
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

laserball2 wrote:u hate me dont u thats not nice :shock: :shock: :evil: :evil:
If you really want an honest opinion, yes, I am beginning to. Your posts have been worse than useless.
Tedius
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by Tedius »

laserball2 wrote:u hate me dont u thats not nice
laserball2 and tomer,
There are two kinds of not nice. The obvious one is being rude or sarcastic to people who genuinely want help. The other kind is when someone posts nonsense like what you have. Read the thread, don't use aol baby talk, use complete, well-thought out sentences, take the advice of those who wasted their time trying to decipher your posts, ask your mom to proof-read before you hit the submit button, don't try to get your way by whining about people hating you. The garbage you have posted is disrespectful to the community. It does not help anyone and turns people off.
this signature intentionally left blank
DTRemenak
General
General

Post by DTRemenak »

Tedius wrote:
laserball2 wrote:u hate me dont u thats not nice
laserball2 and tomer,
There are two kinds of not nice. The obvious one is being rude or sarcastic to people who genuinely want help. The other kind is when someone posts nonsense like what you have. Read the thread, don't use aol baby talk, use complete, well-thought out sentences, take the advice of those who wasted their time trying to decipher your posts, ask your mom to proof-read before you hit the submit button, don't try to get your way by whining about people hating you. The garbage you have posted is disrespectful to the community. It does not help anyone and turns people off.
Ah, a voice of reason!

Everybody, please read what Tedius wrote.

Then apply it:
1. Think about what you want to say before you post.
2. Think about why you want to say it. If it's to get attention, don't post it.
3. Do some research. The forums have a search button. The wiki has a search button. Google has a really big search button. They're all great resources.
4. Think again about what you want to post, with your new knowledge in hand. Try to answer your own question before you ask it.
5. If you still have a question, type it up. In English. With proper spelling and punctuation.
6. Read what you just typed up. No really, READ it. Or have someone else read it. Do they understand what you were trying to ask?
7. If all is well, NOW you may post.
Longhair
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Longhair »

Just read through two different threads with admin asking as the main topic. I think I read a third one yesterday.

Yep, must be summer.
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

We have one solid and long lasting rule at Planet Mofo, If you ever ask if you can be an admin, even once, you will never, ever become an admin at planet mofo.
The only way is to wait very patiently, and there is a small chance that someday we will ask you. We've made four new admins in the last 2 years.
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
slon02
Private First Class
Private First Class

admin

Post by slon02 »

Becoming an admin is only supposed to be after a long process of rising from cop to admin ect... and first proving yourself to be a good one. This is not obtained by asking, as i have learned after about a year or so. And you become an admin NOT because you want to /ban everyone you see or because you can show off, but because you want to help other players!
I hope this helps and btw laserball2, that was a pathetic attempt :) :roll: :roll:
Current Server: hosting.BZADDICT.net:5173
Former Server: Fairserve.bzflag.org:5259
slon02
Private First Class
Private First Class

spam

Post by slon02 »

you've been making a lot of posts lately, next time, try making them into one big post and read the wiki. :D
Current Server: hosting.BZADDICT.net:5173
Former Server: Fairserve.bzflag.org:5259