how do you make a world weapon?

Questions and answers about the how and why of making maps.
basher02
Private
Private

how do you make a world weapon?

Post by basher02 »

how do u make a world weapon on ibzedit 3.5?
Triumph of the Soul
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Triumph of the Soul »

You don't. ibzedit only works with the basic 1.0 objects (box, pyramid, teleporter, and links). You have to hand code world weapons into the map file in your favorite text editor. Here is the wiki page for making world weapons.
Creator @: Duck or Die, Duck or Die CTF, Fuel Stack, Guernica, Normal, Frayed
basher02
Private
Private

Post by basher02 »

I've tried hand coding once but it doesn't work :(
Hannibal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Hannibal »

Then you did it wrong, if it didnt work.
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
ImageImage
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Meteorite »

basher02 wrote:I've tried hand coding once but it doesn't work :(
Once hand coding a world weapon in, you will not be able to see it in BZEdit. In fact, BZEdit will toss any objects it doesn't know about when you open it (such as world weapon).

In order to see your world weapon, you must finish everything you want in BZEdit and hand code your stuff in (or remove your hand coding before opening in BZEdit and then put it back), and start a server.
Hannibal wrote:Then you did it wrong, if it didnt work.
Obviously when you do something wrong, or don't know how (which is what you should have explained, instead of being sarcastic), it will not work.
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN

Email me: bzmet…@gmail.com
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

basher02 wrote:I've tried hand coding once but it doesn't work :(
Once? :P Try again, and again... and again. The only why you'll master it is to keep doing it even though it can really piss you off :)

I think this is all I wrote to get my Weapon to work:

Code: Select all

weapon
 name Monument Explosion
 position 0.0 0.0 0.0
 color 1
 initdelay 10.0
 delay 20.0 20.0 20.0
 type SW 
end
Color, you can change that from 1/2/3/4/5, I think it ends at 5 with the different colors. You'll need to play around with it :)
big_daddy2
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by big_daddy2 »

no its 0/1/2/3/4
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

Big daddy is right, if you want to change the color of your world weapon (a very non important step at the moment), it would be 0 for the rogue team, 1 for the red team, etc.
chicken fingers
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by chicken fingers »

how many types of world weapons are there? like i know there is sw but what are the others?
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

Any of the flags. If the flag doesn't actually change your weapon, say, Wings (WG) for example, it will only be a normal shot. But use any flag and the weapon will be the same. :)
TD-Linux
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by TD-Linux »

ducatiwannabe wrote:Any of the flags. If the flag doesn't actually change your weapon, say, Wings (WG) for example, it will only be a normal shot. But use any flag and the weapon will be the same. :)
In addition to this, one of the most interesting uses is a TH-style bullet - if you get hit by a TH world weapon, you will lose your flag.
chicken fingers
Private First Class
Private First Class

realy ive never seen flags like laser of thief thief would be so funy and laser had posobilities. the map maker could make the laser go off like every 5 minutes. and it could rico around the entire field destroying everyone! personaly some flags would be hilarious like MG next to a teleporter. every time u tele BOOM!!! or like BU youd never see it coming. and another quistion can world wepons aim at you like a BOT on stationary. like a heat seeking turret?
Triumph of the Soul
Corporal
Corporal

realy ive never seen flags like laser of thief thief would be so funy and laser had posobilities. the map maker could make the laser go off like every 5 minutes. and it could rico around the entire field destroying everyone!
What you are describing has been initiated at a few different maps. Have you ever been to Duck or Die FFA/CTF, made by yours truly? I don't think CTF is up right now but FFA is.

and another quistion can world wepons aim at you like a BOT on stationary. like a heat seeking turret?
As far as I know, smart turrets are not possible. However, you can manually aim world weapons by changing some variables in the map file. I know on TangenT's "CTF Playground" he made a turret using a plethora of world weapons firing from the same place.
Last edited by Triumph of the Soul on Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
chicken fingers
Private First Class
Private First Class

6 words.. DUCK OR DIE HERE I COME!!!!
chicken fingers
Private First Class
Private First Class

i dont mean to sound rude but duck or die is a bad level too many worls weps your name says it all thos gms are distracting you from you iminant laser death
Hannibal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Hannibal »

A Distraction wrote:
and another quistion can world wepons aim at you like a BOT on stationary. like a heat seeking turret?
As far as I know, smart turrets are not possible....
Ahh, but here we come to an experiment run by Planet MoFo and mmarshall about a year ago.
Whenever you killed a tank (or something like that) a GM from the "Mofo in the Sky" would fire upwards and be locked on to you. This made the GM settings be greatly increased, which screwed up the gameplay majorly.
I know that a good deal of work from many was involved, and I believe that some bzfs or bzfscron modifications were made as well.
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
ImageImage
basher02
Private
Private

Post by basher02 »

how do u make a object a world weapon. like when you touch it, it kills you?
Triumph of the Soul
Corporal
Corporal

how do u make a object a world weapon. like when you touch it, it kills you?
To do that you need to use a physics driver. Physics drivers are applied to an object like a material is applied to an object. Here is the wiki page for making physics drivers.