The first map I ever made a couple months back I think....

User made maps to use on servers.
Peter
Private First Class
Private First Class

The first map I ever made a couple months back I think....

Post by Peter »

....This is the first map I made a couple of months back. It was quite a shock finding out that you hade to move and shape objects by typing in co-ordinates. This map hasn't been hosted (publicly) so if you are intrested in hosting it then please send me a private message requesting the bzw file.
Attachments
view3_#1.jpg
(104.11 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
view3_#2.jpg
(133.31 KiB) Downloaded 214 times
“Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF, all of my base are belong to you.” ~ Nerd on Colour
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

Now this is one I really like. Looks like multiple rico possibilities, several different routes across the map, different height levels, and artistic qualities mixed in. Good job. Have you come up with a name for it? Somebody should host this.
Peter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Peter »

Erm , i saved the map file as "ctf_war" , but that isn't a very artistic name :D
I dont know what i would call it , i'll probably name it if it gets hosted.
“Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF, all of my base are belong to you.” ~ Nerd on Colour
TheOneAndOnly
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by TheOneAndOnly »

PETER
Hi! pls may i host the new map?

8)
Peter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Peter »

Yeh, sure, do you know how to host though?
Peter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Peter »

*sigh*, flase alarm folks, this map is still up hosting.
Macrosoft
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Macrosoft »

if you want, ill host it, all im using now is a random-gen map
gazz: A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed "to whom it may concern".
http://bash.org/?785529
Macrosoft
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Macrosoft »

ok, your map is hosted as "-Death is Over the Wall- by PETER on MDK_x86_0" on the list server
gazz: A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed "to whom it may concern".
http://bash.org/?785529
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

Dude, Macrosoft

read what PETER said,

[quote=PETER]*sigh*, flase alarm folks, this map is still up hosting.[/quote]

we dont want teh map up 2 times do we.
Peter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Peter »

The first time didn't work because Ralf! didn't actualy know how to host, even though he asked for the file :roll:

By the way, when you say "teh" instead of "the", it sounds realy annoying.
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

sorry I was just typing to fast.
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

Sorry to bump an old topic, but as a small suggestion, please post a BZW file when you're posting in the "Map releases" section. If there's a map in the release forum, we expect it to be released. :-P
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

In my opinion, the map releases forum can also be interpereted as a Map Announcement forum.
It's very likely that people won't want to release their map file here, but are "releasing" the map to the public on a server and would like to let you know about it, to show you some screenshots and to get a little feedback.

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

"go Play With Toys urself in a dark alley u donkey ******" - Lt-Kirby2007
Tropican8
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tropican8 »

There are many reasons why someone might post screenshots in the map releases section without attaching a BZW. The most obvious one is that they may not want their map subjected to the terms in the "Map Licenses" sticky.

If someone still wants to share their BZWs in this section but desires the protection of a more specific license, you can still do that: http://mybzflag.net/?p=38
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

You guys do have good points... thanks for the clarification. I was looking at it from more of a hoster's perspective. At that moment, I happened to be going through the "Map Releases" forum looking for maps suitable for hosting. Even if someone says "PM me for the map", it makes it difficult for someone who desires to host the map to obtain it. (We do have "Works In Progress" and "General Map Making Discussions" threads, which are more suitable for some things.) Anyway, as far as actually getting your map used, my recommendation is to post a .bzw file to give people easy access. :-)
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

That's exactly it, Cons, those posts without map files exist BECAUSE people don't want you (or anyone else, not JUST you) to host it willy-nilly.
They either want to just know who is hosting it and will send you the map as soon as you ask - or want to impose other restrictions on it.

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

"go Play With Toys urself in a dark alley u donkey ******" - Lt-Kirby2007