Castle warfare by DW

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
fenderkid5
Private
Private

Castle warfare by DW

Post by fenderkid5 »

What has happened to castle warfare? what has my favorite map become? a small boring little map no one plays any more.

what is the cause of it's loss in popularity? I did like it, 'twas fun.... :(
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Post by Winny »

Everything causes the loss of popularity...

Ok, usually maps just loose popularity because, well, people just stop playing. A map is usually popular for the first few days or weeks, but then it drops off.

There are these few maps, that everyone seems to like, for some reason which I don't really understand. I guess it is just because they just don't get boring after a few days of playing on them.

Also, usually small(er) maps tend to loose popularity faster, because they just have that much less stuff to explore, and it is usually harder to run/hide from enemies on smaller maps.
fenderkid5
Private
Private

Post by fenderkid5 »

thanks for the explination....

Back to the pillbox for me...
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

And just so you know, Castle Warfare is still being hosted. It is just waiting for players. It is on bzflag3.norang.ca:5185 . I am sure there are others that still like the map too. It just requires someone to go and sit out there alone for a minute or two and then others generally show up. So if you really want to play it, go to it and start up a game :)
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
charg
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by charg »

donny_baker wrote:And just so you know, Castle Warfare is still being hosted. It is just waiting for players. It is on bzflag3.norang.ca:5185 . I am sure there are others that still like the map too. It just requires someone to go and sit out there alone for a minute or two and then others generally show up. So if you really want to play it, go to it and start up a game :)
Donny is right, and also. If you sit there and get bored for too long without anyone coming, just turn on a bot or two. (If there aloud)

But make sure when someone comes in to turn the bots off :D
Make sure you get my new Map Editor!: http://my.bzflag.org/bb/viewtopic.php?p=115526#115526
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

Bots on public servers are generally frowned upon (and often result in bans), so I would not follow that advice on any server without the owners permission. And no, bots are not allowed on any of norang's servers.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

I'm surprised the map has actually been popular at any time before. Was originally just messing around... sort of a test map. Glad you enjoy it! The map has its share of bugs and boringness in some ways, so perhaps if I were to make a better version it would hold attention better. Sometime I'll pop by and play with you guys... :) Keep checking on it. Might get people again soon.