3-Team? CTF

User made maps to use on servers.
slon02
Private First Class
Private First Class

3-Team? CTF

Post by slon02 »

Here is my new/first map. It technically has 3 teams(you'll find out what i mean if you look at it). Please tell me what you all think.

Green vs. Blue vs. Red.
2 Bases per team.
Last edited by slon02 on Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:26 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Current Server: hosting.BZADDICT.net:5173
Former Server: Fairserve.bzflag.org:5259
charg
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by charg »

Sounds cool :D

also add some screenies please :shock:
many people dont have the time to run it
Make sure you get my new Map Editor!: http://my.bzflag.org/bb/viewtopic.php?p=115526#115526
Saber
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Saber »

It looks great. It could be used as a two team CTF. Isn't it too easy to cap between bases 153,190 and 186. You only need 3 or 4 jumps and you are in the other base. Actually you don't even have to jump.
The S
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

There are some troubles with it.

For instance, your teleporters, most of them aren't linked, and those that are don't let you through without a jump. That can be caused by the teleporter link being too close to an object, or the bottom of the link in a block under it. It can be easily fixed by just raising the linking teleporter.

Also, (screeny below), you have your objects too close to the bottom of the blocks. Not a big deal but it does cause the objects to jitter.
You should take a hard look at any problems your map might have.

Here is a screenshot for those too lazy ;)

Other than that, it's an alright map :)
Triumph of the Soul
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Triumph of the Soul »

All your zones are using the flag command as well as zoneflag command. As far as I know you don't need or can't have both in the same zone. Also, what does "obstacle" do? It is written in all your meshboxes. It's in the wiki, but it is without elaboration on what it does. I'm pretty sure you don't need it as BZFS won't recognize it (because you have not specified a valid parameter for it) but the map seems to be able to run without it.

Also, as Grace pointed out, there are some problems with the teleporters. Fix those by raising them a little bit and you may be good to go.
One last thing: I don't know if this is just me, but I couldn't find the bases. I mean they are in the map file, but when I go up to what appears to be a base, I die and recieve the message: "Don't Touch Everything You See".

Edit: I just remembered that you didn't put -cr in the options section of the map file, mostly because you don't have one. I put this in and when I tried to run the server, it said a base for purple team was not defined. I believe this can be solved by using the -mp command in the options section. You will need this if you are going to run a CTF map, or else the server will think that all teams are going to be present. You can find more information on -mp and other server options in the documentation included with BZFlag. The wiki may have this information also, but last time I checked, it may have been incomplete. I will go check now. Good luck on your map.
Creator @: Duck or Die, Duck or Die CTF, Fuel Stack, Guernica, Normal, Frayed
slon02
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by slon02 »

Does anyone want to host it?
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

slon02 wrote:Does anyone want to host it?
Sure. Give me a day or two, and I'll get it up (I've been extremely busy with Divibox, so I haven't had a lot of spare time lately).
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

Constitution wrote:
slon02 wrote:Does anyone want to host it?
Sure. Give me a day or two, and I'll get it up (I've been extremely busy with Divibox, so I haven't had a lot of spare time lately).
Hmmm, was going to host it... but where did the attachment go?
slon02
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by slon02 »

the attachment...it disappeared. I'll pm it to you.
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

Hosted (along with a few other maps) at fairserve.bzflag.org:5255
slon02
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by slon02 »

More changes are being processed.
Some old changes have been made as well as future flags that will be added soon. I hope you all like them. :D