CTF Idea

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
dS
Private First Class
Private First Class

CTF Idea

Post by dS »

I didn't think this belonged in the Leagues section because it doesn't neccessarilly have to be leagues only but it is related.

I was wondering why we don't have a map that is CTF and allows rogues for competition. It would seem to me that a time limit game with two teams of three and two rogues would be interesting. If after the time limit, the two teams were tied, then it would be obvious that the rogues won. The real interesting part of this is that the rogues wouldn't need to be a team. If one dropped another could come in and play. In this way, you prove yourself as a team or you prove that rogues rule. You could play this on a xmission without leagues or you could incorporate it into leagues if you liked. Hey, we might even get [dmp] to put his face on a rogue and kick everyones butt. His ladder would be less important as rogues are, after all, rogues, who cares what they score. As long as it says Rogues kicked all those pretty colored butts. Except red, MadSanta prefers Christmas Red when he is on the CTF prowl. He gets a little bit madder when he can't be Christmas Red.

dS
aka MadSanta

Erfff! Submitted too soon. I'd host this type of thing if there is interest. It might take a new map, but I've been meaning to add another anyway. I'd add some admins who are around for the most part, so that there was some checks and balances. I'd even host it for leagues if wanted.
SGI
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SGI »

uhmm the rogues....are friends of a team and start to take only a flag in one directions
Grumbler
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by Grumbler »

different idea santa. would like to see how it would pan out over time. if you decide to test this, put out a notice so i can join.
.........you kids, get out of my tank...........
The Red Baron
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by The Red Baron »

A server has started this. I really don't like the idea of it. Important note is that rouges should not be allowed to pick up team flags.

I don't think rouges belong in CTF. Now a FFA leauge. I would permit rouges in.
Beware! I'm going to clone myself and spread those clones all over the world!