problem with world weapons

Questions and answers about the how and why of making maps.
Warinthestar
Private First Class
Private First Class

problem with world weapons

Post by Warinthestar »

ok, the server wont use the world weapons so im guessing their wrong so im wondering what i did wrong.

weapon
name Weapon1
position 340.0 340.0 30.0
rotation 0.0
color 1
tilt 0.0
initdelay 0
delay 0
type SW
trigger oncap
eventteam 1
end

the other weapons are just at different positions. a tank can spawn on the server but cant move after they spawn.
Legolas_
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Legolas_ »

Ok, so, trigger oncap means that the world weapon will fire a shockwave after a flag gets capped. Can you explain the problem a little more, the one about not being able to move?
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

"go Play With Toys urself in a dark alley u donkey ******" - Lt-Kirby2007
flight
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by flight »

your delays are set to 0. you have to give it a time in seconds. if you have 0 intervals there will be no firing time. put the delays to 5 or something. for trigger you have oncap. the correct phrase to put there would actually be flagcap. moreover, you have to use one or the other: delay or trigger.
you have both trigger oncap (which should be flagcap) and delay. if you want a delay AND a flagcap make two world weapons in the same place and make one a trigger flagcap and the other a delay.

and about the spawning. do you have materials on what ever the tank is spawning on? or physics on something that you messed up? check in your conf or your options that -set _tankSpeed is not set to 0. or as an admin type /set _tankSpeed 25. 25 is normal tank speed. those are the only things i can think of at the moment.
Warinthestar
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Warinthestar »

i got it after a while but when the code was entered with flagcap it said it was an unknown variable so i changed to another code i saw for something else to get it to work.
anomaly
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by anomaly »

The correct parameter for option trigger is oncap not flagcap.
flight
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by flight »

well i was thinking something was wrong with flagcap but i looked at a wiki and it said flagcap so i was thinking i would be the one that was wrong but, i should have gone with my instinct. thanks for the correction!