8 Floors

User made maps to use on servers.
CUPCAKE
Private First Class
Private First Class

8 Floors

Post by CUPCAKE »

Hello everyone,
I have finally got around to making a map, which I'm quite proud of. I didn't feel like making super simple, but I didn't want to make something too complex, so I made 8 Floors. This map is a four team CTF, with a system of 64 teleporters so that traveling between floors can be possible. The options are in the .bzw file.
Attachments
8 Floors.bzw
(39.96 KiB) Downloaded 207 times
8 flrs scrn1.PNG
Screenshot
(101.59 KiB) Downloaded 139 times
8 flrs scrn2.PNG
Screenshot
(20.88 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
8 flrs scrn3.PNG
Screenshot
(205.58 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
Zelgadis
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zelgadis »

wow nice :)
The idea is really good :D
Triumph of the Soul
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Triumph of the Soul »

I really like this map. Something tells me, though, that the first and eighth levels are going to be used the most. Perhaps you could put a shoot through wall on the outside of floors 2-8 to keep people from jumping down. This would force people to use the teleporters (having the walls be shoot through would prevent nasty ricochet situations). Otherwise, CTF might be too easy.

Keep up the good work.
Last edited by Triumph of the Soul on Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Creator @: Duck or Die, Duck or Die CTF, Fuel Stack, Guernica, Normal, Frayed
CUPCAKE
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CUPCAKE »

Wouldn't people still jump down? I guess I can see your point that they wouldn't be able to land on any floor but the first... but still...
Attachments
8 Floors.bzw
Heres the new .bzw file
(40.37 KiB) Downloaded 200 times
flight
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by flight »

i didn't look at the bzw file so maybe you already did this but you should zone the team flags on the bottom level so it gives a reason for people to go all the way down and all the way up. also be carful with the way the bases stick out like that. you will upset people if they go all the way to the bottom, get the flag make a jump mistake and fall all the way down again!! personally i would quit playing if something like that happened :P other wise good job. how many maps have you made before?
The Frog Master
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by The Frog Master »

This looks like a very interesting map, hope someone hosts it soon.
Ummmm, yea, errrrrr, hi, hey, is this thing on??
Probably not, oh well, ahhhh, wellll, the thing is... ahh tarnation, who cares.
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

flight wrote: be carful with the way the bases stick out like that. you will upset people if they go all the way to the bottom, get the flag make a jump mistake and fall all the way down again!! personally i would quit playing if something like that happened :P
Quiter! :P

Nice map Cupcake, the only thing that would make this map not so good would be the radar, having soo many layers and objects would really crowed the map.
CUPCAKE
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CUPCAKE »

flight wrote:also be carful with the way the bases stick out like that. you will upset people if they go all the way to the bottom, get the flag make a jump mistake and fall all the way down again!!
That was why a spaced out the platform so much. If you aren't careful, you will fall and have to try it all over again.
flight wrote:How many maps have you made before?
Wow, what a funny question. The truth is, this is my first ever map.
Grace F wrote:Nice map Cupcake, the only thing that would make this map not so good would be the radar, having soo many layers and objects would really crowed the map.
I guess thats sort of the point... All you can really tell is whether a person is on the same floor as you (and if they climb a pyramid, sometimes not even that!). It's supposed to be like a giant hide and seek capture the flag game, except with a radar.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

The map is running at bzexcess.com port 9005.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

flight
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by flight »

also though if you set the radar in your options you can tell what platform you are on and all that.

go to options then GUI settings then at the very top is radar style go to enhanced.
Tedius
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by Tedius »

It's supposed to be like a giant hide and seek capture the flag game, except with a radar.
yes, "giant" being a key word. This would be so much fun with 10 people on a team or even better, as a 30 person rabbit hunt (-rabbit random). This is one of the troubles with map-making, you try to build for a big crowd and no one comes; you build a map for 4-6 people and it quickly becomes overcrowded.

I like the way each floor has it's own character, it looks like a lot of creativity went into it.
this signature intentionally left blank
A Vicious Muffin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Vicious Muffin »

This could be a problem...

I went on to it, testing it out, got a phantom zone flag on the top floor, zoned myself, fell eight stories, and since there were no teleporters that I could reach, I had to self destruct. Maybe make a few more that phantom zones on the bottom can reach?
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

I'll just turn off PZ. I used random flags instead of using the ones specified in the map file.
CUPCAKE: i wish i had the pass... because tanks are traveling way too slow
Or, you know, you could PM me on the forum and tell me to increase the tank speed.

Edit: PZ is off, and _tankSpeed is set at 40. PM me if you desire additional changes.
Last edited by blast on Wed Aug 01, 2007 9:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

CUPCAKE
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CUPCAKE »

I was just about to do that, to be honest... Do I still have to now?
Also, I've been asked to add more flags.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

If you need anything else in the next 15 or 20 minutes, posting here is fine.

CUPCAKE
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CUPCAKE »

Okay, but just one last thing and then I'm happy: could you perhaps make the pyramids in the corners drivethrough? I have on my computer, but that deleted the shootthrough walls... and all in all, I'm lazy...
Thank you very much.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Unfortunately, no, I won't do that. Edit the map, and repost the updated file in the original post in this thread.

CUPCAKE
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CUPCAKE »

Ahh, okay. sorry for my laziness. All I did was download the with wall file, and copy the lines. (why didn't I think of doing that before?)
Attachments
8 Floors.bzw
Now with shootthrough and drivethrough stuff
(40.45 KiB) Downloaded 177 times