Coming Soon to Planet MoFo 8.25.07 & beyond

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
I_Died_Once
Special Forces
Special Forces

Coming Soon to Planet MoFo 8.25.07 & beyond

Post by I_Died_Once »

Wow! Its been a crazy summer! We've had lots of wild times and some of BZFlag's hardest fought Flag Capture games in BZHistory! Banned the cheaters and pwn3d t3h n00bz!!!!!1111!!!shiftplusone!1!1

The end of summer is coming faster than we would like it to, so in preparation of that, as well as give everyone a chance to voice their opinions, what they liked and what they didn't like... give input as to what we got coming up, and soon, help decide what game we might run sometime soon.

Here is our TENTATIVE plan/schedule. This is NOT set in stone, is absolutely subject to change... although it would be AWESOME if we could stick to our primary game plan.

CTF Friday has been a huge success! We would like to officialy give our heartfelt thanks to everyone who took time to stop by and cap a flag or two over at 'The Passion...' Whether we've been running our two team Red versus Blue edition, or our All Star 4 Team edition... with the help of the racetoseven plugin, we've had it going on. And I really hate to come off as bragging, but its a rare occasion that you DON'T see Planet MoFo on page one os the list server, no matter WHAT game we're running! That speaks a lot in and of itself. We pride ourselves on it, and do our best to give our own little something soemthing back to the community and players at large.

Its been brought to our attention that one of the main game modes available to us is HUGELY overlooked and under-rated. So, by request and popular demand - starting August 25th, Planet MoFo brings to you The Week of the Rabbit Hunt! At the close of the August 24th CTF Friday, we'll make the change to The Passion fo the Rabbit Hunt, and it'll be a week long celebration of hunting the rabbit! We'll be doing it primarily by the killer; but we will also be running a stretch or two of each of the other games involving the rabbit, such as 'rabbit at random' and 'rabbit by best score' as well as our TOP SECRET project Optic Delusion has been working on - a Progressive Rabbit Hunt!! Its going to be off the chain! Rabbits BEWARE! We are putting your arses on NOTICE!

But wait... THERE'S MORE!!!

Like I said, summer is drawing to a close, and it is time to plan our last hoo-rah. Labor Day - a.k.a. "The End of Summer" which is the first Monday in September, will be the 2nd. That makes the last "CTF Friday" of the summer (read: of the summer) fall on the 31st of August. So, as an end of summer PAR-TAY, Planet MoFo will bring to you our first ever CTF Weekend! We will be running The Passion of the Flag Capture all weekend long IMMEDIATELY following the Week of the Rabbit Hunt!

And then, finally, after all the dust has settled - teams flags packed away for the time being, and we clean the rabbit sh*t from around the teleporters and under the center cake - we will dare all comers to celebrate 'The Triumphant Return of the Passion of the Free For All!!!'

Maybe after a few weeks, there might be a 'CTF Friday STRIKES BACK!!!' but you didn't hear that offiically yet.

We do encourage everyoen to leave their feedback, be it good or bad. What you would like to see, something we need to be doing that we aren't, or perhaps you have a idea in mind you want to share. PLEASE, reply and leave your thoughts with us. We enjoy being an accessable, interactable, real, and 'human' part of this game and community. While other servers are napping, letting the time fly by with no change, no thought, no nothing being put into their game and servers, we here at Plaent MoFo are working like friggin' MAD SCIENTISTS trying to deliver a higher paced, higher impact game in which to pwn th3h n00bz!!! We enjoy hearing from YOU!!!
Last edited by I_Died_Once on Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
...This has been a recording.
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

You can see the progressive flag mode plugin (By Theme97) in action right now, at this server.

A-Delusion.No-ip.biz:4020 Battlezone Vectrex By Lagamemnon

You get a better flag after each kill you make.
You start out with steamroller, watch out that you don't kill other hunters!
As soon as you become rabbit, you are given a sheild, this means it takes two hits to kill the rabbit.
Every time the rabbit gets another kill, he gets a better flag.

Try it, it's pretty cool.
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
Macrosoft
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Macrosoft »

after the "rabbit hunt week" thing, are you gonna reserve a day for that game type? like "rabbit hunt thursdays" or something?
gazz: A bullet may have your name on it, but shrapnel is addressed "to whom it may concern".
http://bash.org/?785529
meeba
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by meeba »

I really want to go play there for Rabbit Hunt week! But dangit, you're catching me as I start college.

But I'll try and get on, I like what you guys have been doing with MoFo.
I_Died_Once
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by I_Died_Once »

Bump

We're going to destroy the rabbit! Its going to a weeks worth of hell, fury, and under-rated rabbit goodness on BZFlag's most versatile, well repected, legendary, most Passionate server - Planet MoFo.

Its gonna kick ass.
...This has been a recording.