World War

User made maps to use on servers.
Zelgadis
Private First Class
Private First Class

World War

Post by Zelgadis »

My 4th and the last map of the war series.

Name: World War (Ok, 4 Teams would be better because of name, but i took 2)
Style: CTF
Teams: Red vs. Green

Options:

Code: Select all

options
	-c
	-mp 0,12,12,0,0,12
	-ms 3
	-j
	+r
	-fb
	-sb
	+f L{2} +f SW{2} +f F{2} +f QT{1} +f US{2} +f CL{2} +f ST{2} +f BU{1} +f WG{2} +f V{2} +f A{2} +f SB{2}
	-sl L 10
	-sl GM 6
	-sl SW 10
	-sl WG 20
	-sl SB 30
	-set _wingsJumpCount 2
	-set _disableBots true
	-set _tankSpeed 30
end
Attachments
ww.bzw
(3.83 KiB) Downloaded 241 times
ww.png
(168.94 KiB) Downloaded 211 times
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

World War, I was actually expecting something a little bigger :P As you said in an earlier post, this map is the last of it's series.

World War, big name, should live up to it :)

Having said that, this is a playable map, the whole series is :) Good Job!
The Frog Master
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by The Frog Master »

Yes, I agree with Grace, it is a bit anticlimactic, still, good job.
Ummmm, yea, errrrrr, hi, hey, is this thing on??
Probably not, oh well, ahhhh, wellll, the thing is... ahh tarnation, who cares.
Peter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Peter »

Looks okay, I might have made it no jumping though. Also lately almost all of your maps look like edited versions of each other....
http://my.bzflag.org/bb/files/ww_288.png
http://my.bzflag.org/bb/files/euw_857.png
http://my.bzflag.org/bb/files/btw_170.png
Are they just edited versions of each other?
But they still all look good. :)
“Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF, all of my base are belong to you.” ~ Nerd on Colour
Zelgadis
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zelgadis »

PETER wrote:Looks okay, I might have made it no jumping though. Also lately almost all of your maps look like edited versions of each other....
http://my.bzflag.org/bb/files/ww_288.png
http://my.bzflag.org/bb/files/euw_857.png
http://my.bzflag.org/bb/files/btw_170.png
Are they just edited versions of each other?
But they still all look good. :)
No, they arent edited versions.
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

PETER brings up a good point. I looked at them closely and they're very much the same. The pictures ww_288 and btw_170 in fact have the exact same middle almost.
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

This isn't because they are "edited" versions of each other (most likely not, at least). I'm more inclined to believe this is a style that Zelgadis is particularly good at implementing in his maps. If you were to go through the map author Dutchrai and all his previous maps, you would find multiple (if not most to all of his) of his maps with this type of style and/or object placement. (see screenshot)

And as for the name world war, I'm not entirely sure what you guys are looking for. Some giant crammed map with multiple different levels? How does the name *not* fit? See, the thing about Zelgadis' maps is the playability. Play it a little before you judge! Viper's The Two Castles map isn't all that crammed or such, and the "castles" are made up of about five to seven major blocks.

Personally, I think it looks really good... a tad on the simplistic side, but that's not always bad.
Attachments
example.GIF
An old Dutchrai map.
(136.89 KiB) Downloaded 146 times
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

ducatiwannabe wrote:And as for the name world war, I'm not entirely sure what you guys are looking for. Some giant crammed map with multiple different levels?
That's not what I meant at all... :?
ducatiwannabe wrote: See, the thing about Zelgadis' maps is the playability. Play it a little before you judge!
Naw, I think your missing what I meant. I do like his maps, never said I didn't. The playability is great you can tell straight from the screenshots! Yes, I have also played it, I wouldn't judge otherwise...
ducatiwannabe wrote: Personally, I think it looks really good
Yeah, well so do I. With my post I only meant that the maps looked the same. Almost like all he did was move/add some things.

Yeah? I wasn't putting him down or anything!
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

Sorry, didn't mean any of what I said as a personal attack. Could see how it came across that way. They do look similar, I was just pointing out that your pointing out was what I thought just a style deal. 8) You're cool, I'm evil :E :D my bad!
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

The following post was useless. Don't post just to say "yes" or "I agree". If you don't have anything useful to add to the conversation, don't post.
Jamaz_007 wrote:i agree with da frog guy
This next one has several things wrong with it.
1) This was completely off topic.
2) Large font is annoying
3) Why would we email you to help you? This is a forum. We can help you just fine on here.
4) We don't have enough information to help. If you actually want help, fully explain the situation, what you have tried, any error messages, and so on. The more information that is provided, the easier it is for us to help.

Feel free to make a new topic to get help, after you search the forum for similar problems. The odds are that someone else has had the problem before.
Jamaz_007 wrote:matt=mc2

James still cant get a server happening and BZedit just stuffed up so now when you tell a block or piramid or teleporter to do anything, it does not do anything.
James was just wondering.

Email Me.
Kewl Thanks :)
[/b]
Please learn to search the forum. You might also want to read the Forum Rules, specifically number 10 in this case.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)