CTF

Questions and comments on tactics and playstyles
Contamination
Private First Class
Private First Class

CTF

Post by Contamination »

Is there a way to direct the other teams flag when the teams are uneven and you keep on picking their flag up and dropping it atomaticly?
meeba
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by meeba »

Yeah, but I would recommend not doing so, it gets so incredibly annoying.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

That is due to the FairCTF plugin. It is to prevent the strong team from capturing the weaker team's flag.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Longhair
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Longhair »

I've never seen anyone have any success doing that, and I will /kill /kick anyone on Hepcat who ignores warnings about it. There are 2 reasons:

One is that anyone who plays with sound turned on and is on the opposite team will hear that annoying car alarm sound every time you touch the flag.

The other is that you are violating the spirit of the rule. The point is that if a team has a large enough of a majority and should not be able to move the flag. By trying to get around this, you're asking for trouble from the admins.
Contamination
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Contamination »

Ya, i was just watching someone try to do it a few days ago, and i was wondering if you can purposely have the other team's flag move towards your own base for an easy capture once another person joins...
Bard
Private
Private

Post by Bard »

In response, I was banned yesterday from a game because of that anoying plugin. It means, when its busy, people come and go, you cant even try to take a flag.

Whats wrong with anticipation? I wont travel or cap a flag if outnumbered (perhaps once on a monday morning), but thats no reason not to touch it. Turn your sound of if you cant stand it, or try to kill my tank. ;)

ltes hvae fun, and sotp toshe frkecus, bnianng graems...

now i cant connect to a server i am playing for couple of years allready (think they even dont realize)
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Bard wrote:In response, I was banned yesterday from a game because of that anoying plugin. It means, when its busy, people come and go, you cant even try to take a flag.

Whats wrong with anticipation? I wont travel or cap a flag if outnumbered (perhaps once on a monday morning), but thats no reason not to touch it. Turn your sound of if you cant stand it, or try to kill my tank. ;)

now i cant connect to a server i am playing for couple of years allready (think they even dont realize)
So, you're saying you tried to break the rules of that server. Does that not sound like a good reason for a ban?
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

quantum dot
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by quantum dot »

Bard wrote:In response, I was banned yesterday from a game because of that anoying plugin. It means, when its busy, people come and go, you cant even try to take a flag.

I am pretty sure that if the server is a serious server the ban is temporary, possibly a few hours only.... and you deserved it :)
Bard
Private
Private

Post by Bard »

I always found bzflag an open and friendly game. Ofcourse there are cheaters and rats like elsewhere, but somehow it never bothered me that much. They disappeared after a while.

But lately I see people asking for bans, watching like crazy cops if everbody is having good standards. Why is this nescessary? I am not a small child that needs nurgering.

I just wnat to play my most favorite game.

I like to start a petitioning for banning all bzflag-cops and society-watchers ;)

Excuse my poor english, I am Dutch
Sky King
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Sky King »

I am by no means a ban-happy admin, but...

I think there are two kinds of players that come to BZ.

The first are the ones that just want to have fun. After a hard day at work or school it's great to unwind with a spirited game of BZ, with competition, camaraderie, a challenge...

Then there's the antagonists, the ones that are just looking for a place to vent their own pettiness. These people are somehow invested in the silly notion that they can somehow elevate their own sad station in life by diminishing others. This may be by cheating, or TKing, or swearing all the time, or over-doing the trash talking, or skirting the rules, or spamming, or doing things that are simply meant to annoy. They keep rejoining after auto-lag kicks or to get around mutes, or they rejoin to stay on a stronger team. We all know the type.

My job as an admin is simple: It's to protect the first group from the second group. It really is that simple.

If you're in the first group, you'll love the way I admin, trust me. If you're in the second group... You'll probably hate me. I love BZ and love the community, so my tolerance for antagonists is low. I have a great memory and log things like IP addresses, so I can usually remember some of your history on other servers. I like to ride with newbies and coach. I prefer to warn and be diplomatic. But once your conduct shows you're being an antagonist, intentionally... I will kill/kick/ban in a heartbeat and not lose a wink of sleep over it.
Retired Army--Proud to have served
Armored Cavalry Crewman, 1981-1984 (M60A5)
Infantry Officer & Paratrooper, 1984-1986
US Army Ranger & Sniper, 1986-1989 (LRSD)

Water Cooled 8-Core Ryzen 7 2700x @ 3.7GHz | Radeon RX590 GPU | 43" 4K Monitor
Contamination
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Contamination »

ya, well I'm just wondering if there is ANY possible way for some "antagonists" or bad dudes to be able to decide the direction of the other team's flag when the teams are uneven and you try and run over it?