cheaters

Need help seting up a server, or have a question on how to run one? This is the place.
Contamination
Private First Class
Private First Class

cheaters

Post by Contamination »

Hey, what can anyone do if they are just playing on the server and here comes this guy with this cheat that ruins the game. And there aren't enough people to start a poll ban/kick, and there isn't an admin. Is there anything to do about cheaters?
Triumph of the Soul
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Triumph of the Soul »

I guess there's not much you can do except send a report to the server if possible, giving as much information as possible in the the report. If you get too fed up you can always leave the server.
Creator @: Duck or Die, Duck or Die CTF, Fuel Stack, Guernica, Normal, Frayed
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

A Distraction is right.

There really isn't anything you can do. /report is the only thing. /report, then leave, the cheater won't stay for long.

Is there anything in the next BZ release that can spot a cheater? I wouldn't be suprised if there were people that had just a little fast reload time, a little faster turning speed, shot speed even. Is there anyway to detect a cheater tank on spot?
A Hobo
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Hobo »

If you really want the person gone, you could use the stat sites (strayers, redjacket, ect.) to see if there is a person you know is an admin at the server with the cheater, playing on a different map and could go get him/her.
Contamination
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Contamination »

well, i was on a server last night that had an unregistered guy playing. He mainly used wings, but when he didn't have a flag! And another thing... somehow he would just pop up behind players and kill them. Like he would be behind a player on one side of the map, and after he shot that dude from behind, he totally moved to the other side of the map and shot the guy over there!! it's like he was teleportered from place to place after every time he shot a player to right behind the next player... that's just one instance of a cheater i've seen recently
flight
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by flight »

really? i don't mean to demean your intelligence but are you sure he wasn't going through teleports that you didn't notice or physics that might have thrown him way over on the other side of the map?

is it possible to cheat like that. how could the person teleport exactly where he wants to? i guess it would be possible to teleport randomly, but not to a specific place. do you guys know any thing about that?
Contamination
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Contamination »

well, no there weren't any teleporters on the map, atleast none that he went through, but he would be behind one guy, shoot, the just reapear on the other side of the map and shoot again. and every time, he popped up right behind someone. most of which were just spawning
Green Manalishi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Green Manalishi »

there's one H4x0r dude around these days who makes everybody's shots much shorter than normal. of course he's cheating too. i'm sure many people have seen that happening.. if anybody can/could see his IP, would you please send it to me via PM? most probably he's on a dynamic IP but one IP could potentially help too.
Donker
Private
Private

Cheater.. the major cheat in bzflag is **EDITED BY ADMIN**

Post by Donker »

I've been seeing more & more complaints about this guy. Hell, he's even has admin status on some servers. He, however, is no admin material. I know of people getting banned by him only for asking why bullets seem to go right through him. I suspect he's a cheater himself.
Green Manalishi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Cheater.. the major cheat in bzflag is *EDITED BY ADMIN*

Post by Green Manalishi »

Donker wrote:I've been seeing more & more complaints about this guy. Hell, he's even has admin status on some servers. He, however, is no admin material. I know of people getting banned by him only for asking why bullets seem to go right through him. I suspect he's a cheater himself.
i'm pretty sure we are talking about different people here.. false cheat accusations or even allusions of cheating when done persistently are a very good reason for ban in my book. whenever a n00b accuses a respected, regular player of cheating, a fairy dies and the n00b gets banned. then again there may be cheaters who have acquired admin status on kiddie servers. that's possible. on long lasting, established servers that is very very unlikely.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Okay, I think this conversation has gone in the wrong direction now. Yes, there are cheaters in the game. Yes, admins are not always on their servers. On the regular servers, if you play enough, you will start to learn who the admins and cops are. Once you know that, you can use a stats site to locate them. Poll bans work for most cheaters.

Topic closed.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)