Flag: RPG? (And short range and long range and slow reload)

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
*Boinkage*!
Private First Class
Private First Class

Flag: RPG? (And short range and long range and slow reload)

Post by *Boinkage*! »

I've been thinking about a flag that might not take much to do. It is simply a guided missile, with a shorter range, that explodes with a shockwave (small) at the moment of impact (or when it's range runs out)
It would be:
(RpG): This flag tracks targets, exploding in a blast radius. Short range
And that gives me an idea for a bad flag...
(Short range): Your shot range is halved.
And a good flag...
(Long Range):Your shot range is doubled.
and a bad flag...lol.
(SLow reload):It takes twice as long to reload.
The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword.

Okay, you get a Bic, the orc gets a long sword.

He cuts the Bic in half.

Then he cuts you in half.

Oops, I meant quarters.
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

Similar ideas to the homing SW have been widely discussed and rejected in the past.

IIRC, long reload has been approved by Tim Riker - don't expect it any time soon. We already have short reload - it's Rapid Fire. Rapid Fire and Machine Gun already lower range.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

"go Play With Toys urself in a dark alley u donkey ******" - Lt-Kirby2007
*Boinkage*!
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by *Boinkage*! »

Spazzy Mcgee wrote:Similar ideas to the homing SW have been widely discussed and rejected in the past.

IIRC, long reload has been approved by Tim Riker - don't expect it any time soon. We already have short reload - it's Rapid Fire. Rapid Fire and Machine Gun already lower range.
I mean SLOW, not SHORT.
EDIT: I see there is long reload, but there isnt simply half range as a bad flag

He cuts the Bic in half.

Oops, I meant quarters.
Saber
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Saber »

Most of these flags are the same thing or alredy exist. There is a formula used for shot range, speed and reload time. IIRC, it's shotSpeed*reloadTime=shotRange
Lower reload time means lowed shot range (rapid fire and machine gun). A long reload flag would be the same as a long range flag but you said one was good and the other was bad :?
The S
gnu-sense
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by gnu-sense »

You could probably do the homing SW with a server plugin that explodes a SW world weapon on GM (or other flag) impact, but you would be limited in having one radius for SW and homing versions. And people would really hate campers, which they do already, but maybe even more.
*Boinkage*!
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by *Boinkage*! »

I already figured that on a 100x100 map, you need 100,000 ww points, and because the shots are client side, not server side, and the server doesn't "know" actually where a bullet is. It knows shot and hit. And if you had the clients download the areas, a cheater would make them all go off every time a GM hit...

He cuts the Bic in half.

Oops, I meant quarters.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

*Boinkage*! wrote:I already figured that on a 100x100 map, you need 100,000 ww points, and because the shots are client side, not server side, and the server doesn't "know" actually where a bullet is. It knows shot and hit. And if you had the clients download the areas, a cheater would make them all go off every time a GM hit...
Actually, you don't have to place world weapons if you're going to use a plugin. The plugin can fire a world weapon where it wants.

You are right that the server does not know for sure where the bullets end up. It does not keep a full shot state yet.

In regards to a cheater, they would not be able to trigger all of the world weapons. World weapons are processed and triggered by the server itself.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

*Boinkage*!
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by *Boinkage*! »

blast

I mean that they could make the "hit" on a gm register all over the map.
A full shot state would laggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg(You get the point)[/b]

He cuts the Bic in half.

Oops, I meant quarters.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

shot states and tracking on the server add no lag, just a small increase in the already small CPU usage of the server.
ImageJeffM
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

*Boinkage*!, you need to do a little research next time.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)