Bloodbath2 + Other servers + Arrogance

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
meeba
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Bloodbath2 + Other servers + Arrogance

Post by meeba »

You know, I'm noticing that the attitude of many players is quite disappointing. I miss the days of Silvercat when everyone was always laughing, even when they were losing. Now I go on Bloodbath, get teamkilled, and the guy yells at me, saying I jumped in his way (he locked on me!), and I ended up getting muted for it. I got the point argued across with Sky King, and I will admit that in my discussions with the killer, I used a word I probably shouldn't have (it wasn't really a swear, just not a nice word).

But really, why can nobody take responsibility for their shooting anymore? When I get TKed, it's always "YOU IDIOT!" And almost never "Sorry" as it used to be.

I am disappointed in BZFlag players. :( It's not even fun when I have games like this.
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Meteorite »

I always strive, as well as encourage, people to be civil while playing. Usually if the person that is technically in the right is rude, I'll favor with the person in the wrong - as long as he is trying to be nice about whatever it is that happened (you can be right, but not arrogant about it).

It's sad to see others not follow this simple courtesy, but what can I say? It is summertime and the newbs are out...
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN

Email me: bzmet…@gmail.com
meeba
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by meeba »

A Meteorite wrote:I always strive, as well as encourage, people to be civil while playing. Usually if the person that is technically in the right is rude, I'll favor with the person in the wrong - as long as he is trying to be nice about whatever it is that happened (you can be right, but not arrogant about it).

It's sad to see others not follow this simple courtesy, but what can I say? It is summertime and the newbs are out...
I get what you're saying. However, when someone persists you did something wrong, even when you disagree with them politely, it gets very irritating. If you know me, you know I get angry very easily. I try and get along, if people are willing to be friendly. When people get to be just plain irritating, there's no longer a point.
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

A Meteorite wrote:It is summertime and the newbs are out...
Your probably right. I've noticed lately that the amount of sour players is increasing. When I say sour I mean rude, dishonest etc. The people Tangent is refering to are the kinds of people that push the good players out. I play on Bloodbath quite alot now and it seems to be the new hotspot for idiots.
TangenT wrote: I will admit that in my discussions with the killer, I used a word I probably shouldn't have (it wasn't really a swear, just not a nice word).
Tangent wrote:when someone persists you did something wrong, even when you disagree with them politely, it gets very irritating. If you know me, you know I get angry very easily. I try and get along, if people are willing to be friendly. When people get to be just plain irritating, there's no longer a point.
Those are my thoughts exactly. I can only be nice for so long, but for someone that continuously attacks you it's not long till you turn to instinct and defend youself.
A Hobo
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Hobo »

Best that can be done is to ignore them. Theres really nothing that can be done to stop them.

My suggestion is to not play on top maps during 'prime time' if you don't like them that much.

btw, i've been using the following email for 2 weeks or so: The Many, The Arrogant, The n00bs. I haven't copy writed it. Kind of a copy off of the Marine slogan, feel free to use =)
meeba
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by meeba »

A Hobo wrote:Best that can be done is to ignore them. Theres really nothing that can be done to stop them.

My suggestion is to not play on top maps during 'prime time' if you don't like them that much.

btw, i've been using the following email for 2 weeks or so: The Many, The Arrogant, The n00bs. I haven't copy writed it. Kind of a copy off of the Marine slogan, feel free to use =)
I would agree. I used to not go much, but it seems Mofo is actually more positive than other servers, there's less attitude there (which seems really strange), so I'm going to be playing there more often. I like Passion because it's not a major campfest for long, as those who do manage to camp are quickly taken down. It's quite fun.

So I guess I'll wait on Bloodbath until all the kiddies are in school again. :)

Hahahaha.
A Vicious Muffin
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Vicious Muffin »

The good thing is, there are still many leagues you can play on that are free of these obnoxious players, since they're not all that intelligent, they can't really figure out how to join a league and annoy people within there.

I can never do anything on bloodbath, as most players will park and begin a 15 minute camping spree. But a few still are okay; such as TangenT said, Mofo. But I think hepcat and The Two Castles are still doing a good job on the "bad guys". But as cops and admins aren't always around the entire time, sometimes players have to take matters into their own hands. Which is great, because often it's the only choice. The admins can't do it alone.
*Boinkage*!
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by *Boinkage*! »

I agree. Bloodbath seems to have all the newbs/ noobs who either (a): Don't get how to play, but don't ask, and (b) jump in front of you WHILE you are firing lasers, and yell at you for tking them.
The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword.

Okay, you get a Bic, the orc gets a long sword.

He cuts the Bic in half.

Then he cuts you in half.

Oops, I meant quarters.
Contamination
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Contamination »

Ya i think bloodbath is just a stressful map for players. If u die, the u get pissed of at whoever killed you. I guess that everybody just needs to keep a cool head and just keep trying :D
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

It might have a great deal to do with the map, as there is hardly anywhere to go because of lack of objects and an almost too large player count. Sure to bring frustration. (No, nothing wrong with the map in itself, very well built.)

Simply, don't try to be only civil... just have fun! That's what made Silvercat what it was. Players just trying to have fun. That, and respect. 8)
A Looney Kumquat
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Looney Kumquat »

I agree entirley with you all- also, not only are they noobs... they're middleschool-highschool peeps on summer break that have never played before but have already gotten WAY too envolved/serious about the game...

and dont even get me started about runescape- that place is nicotine for the stupid and time wasting... in my opinion... (my apologies for those that play- not everyone is like that you know...)
-ALK

OS Moment <"O""S" mo·ment>
1) Where one can see something bad about to happen, cant do a bloody thing about it, but still has time to say "Oh 5h!t!!!" 2) An action that makes all the surrounding people drop their jaw and say "Oh 5h!t...."
*Boinkage*!
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by *Boinkage*! »

On a similar note, I'm being asked to change my callsign there by an admin, because the word boink is filtered there or considered a curse word. Is that dumb? I've never received complaints until now.
The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword.

Okay, you get a Bic, the orc gets a long sword.

He cuts the Bic in half.

Then he cuts you in half.

Oops, I meant quarters.
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

I don't think it's considered a curse word but if you were asked to change it by an admin I suggest you just do it. Use a different callsign there. It probably is for a good reason.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Urban Dictionary gives you what the slang term of "boink" means. However, I think the admins have better things to worry about than patrolling every possible slang word.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

I_Died_Once
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by I_Died_Once »

blast wrote:Urban Dictionary gives you what the slang term of "boink" means. However, I think the admins have better things to worry about than patrolling every possible slang word.
I don't know, man. You'd be surprised. Some people out there just LIVE for kicking and banning people over the stupidest things. Partly the reason I decided to create my own server, so I know there would be at LEASE one good server with common sense and reasonable, enforceable rules out there for people to play on.
...This has been a recording.
Tedius
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by Tedius »

The words "boink" and "boinkage" are not filtered on Bloodbath at bzfx, nor were they filtered when the map was hosted by me. I don't mean take on the role of the official spokesperson for the map, I am just a fan.

I think it would eliminate a lot of confusion if we would keep straight the difference between a "map" and a "server." The map was carefully created by R3laX, he technically has no control who administrates it unless he hosts it himself.

Anyone that has a computer and a network connection can take that map, advertise it as the official server, and satisfy whatever whims or hopes of grandeur by administrating it poorly. If you don't like the way something is done at a server:
1. make note of the name of the server
2. notify the administrator of that server if you'd like to
3. don't play at the server anymore
this signature intentionally left blank