putting flags in a specific spot

Questions and answers about the how and why of making maps.
Contamination
Private First Class
Private First Class

putting flags in a specific spot

Post by Contamination »

Hey, I was wondering how, when making a map, do you choose to put some flags only in some spots and not others. like have a section of flags, geno here, sw there, and such.
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

You can do that. Im not sure how but i've seen it done where people have made a certain zone where only a certain flag can be obtained. Might be something in the Wiki..
SkillDude
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SkillDude »

You can use:

Code: Select all

zone
position 100 100 35
size 5 5 0
rotation 0
zoneflag G 5
end
to place 5 geno flags on a block at 100,100 that's in the air at 35m.

Of course, you have to make sure you have +fb in your options, or your flags wont be placed above ground.
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

Using "zoneflag G 5" makes sure at least that many flags are in the spot, at all times.

Using "flag" makes a zone where that flag may spawn.
If you have two zones and two flags, sometimes both flags will be in one zone.
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

Using "zoneflag G 5" makes sure at least that many flags are in the spot, at all times.

Using "flag" makes a zone where that flag may spawn.
If you have two zones and two flags, sometimes both flags will be in one zone.

http://my.bzflag.org/w/Zone
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
A Looney Kumquat
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Looney Kumquat »

also, if you use "flag" then make sure you have all those flags in the options section, like this:

+f G{2} +f SW{6} +f WG{8} and so on, where SW{8} will be spawning 8 SW flags across all the zones with that flag in them.

and if you have multiple zones with the same flag and you are using "flag" instead of zone flag, make sure there a re plenty of flags to go around!
-ALK

OS Moment <"O""S" mo·ment>
1) Where one can see something bad about to happen, cant do a bloody thing about it, but still has time to say "Oh 5h!t!!!" 2) An action that makes all the surrounding people drop their jaw and say "Oh 5h!t...."
meeba
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by meeba »

A Looney Kumquat wrote:also, if you use "flag" then make sure you have all those flags in the options section, like this:

+f G{2} +f SW{6} +f WG{8} and so on, where SW{8} will be spawning 8 SW flags across all the zones with that flag in them.

and if you have multiple zones with the same flag and you are using "flag" instead of zone flag, make sure there a re plenty of flags to go around!
I do recommend Zoneflag over the +f and Flag solution... it's more reliable. Take the old Missile Wars map for example. Flag resets were required because a team would run out of flags.