2 way Htf

Questions, comments, and news on the server side plug-ins and it's API
Ratatosk
Private First Class
Private First Class

2 way Htf

Post by Ratatosk »

could any one help me by making a plugin where two teams will try to htf faster than the other? also it would be nice if it ended and started a new game after 10-20 pts. thanks to any one who can help!
Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality.
I_Died_Once
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by I_Died_Once »

You're talking about dramatically altering gameplay for both/eith CTF and HTF. I don't think HTF would work very well with two teams... I could be wrong. Good luck...
...This has been a recording.
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Meteorite »

Can you tell me how two team HTF is any different than two team CTF?

Both teams will still be concentrating on capturing a flag, regardless of it's color.

Though, if you want, use the HTF plugin distributed in the source as an example.
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN

Email me: bzmet…@gmail.com
Ratatosk
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ratatosk »

A Meteorite wrote:Can you tell me how two team HTF is any different than two team CTF?

Both teams will still be concentrating on capturing a flag, regardless of it's color.

Though, if you want, use the HTF plugin distributed in the source as an example.
i was thinking it would be able to cause a race so you had to capture befire your enemy team so yours would win
I_Died_Once
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by I_Died_Once »

Murtagh wrote:
A Meteorite wrote:Can you tell me how two team HTF is any different than two team CTF?

i was thinking it would be able to cause a race so you had to capture befire your enemy team so yours would win
Too confusing. Might as well just cap the enemy's flag for that much trouble.
...This has been a recording.
Ratatosk
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ratatosk »

ehh ok i get the point, thanks any way. i suppose a ctf is the same as htfX2
Saber
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Saber »

You could just make the red team spawn around blue base and the blue team spawn around red base. They still have to cap a flag and it's like HTF. I've seen it on a map recently but I can't remember which one.
The S
Triumph of the Soul
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Triumph of the Soul »

saber wrote:You could just make the red team spawn around blue base and the blue team spawn around red base. They still have to cap a flag and it's like HTF. I've seen it on a map recently but I can't remember which one.
It was like that for a while (I don't know if it still is) on Louman's Alpine Assault. It was insanely annoying in my opinion, mostly because it is a large map.
Creator @: Duck or Die, Duck or Die CTF, Fuel Stack, Guernica, Normal, Frayed
Ratatosk
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ratatosk »

okay i get it it was never a good/ usefull idea
A Looney Kumquat
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Looney Kumquat »

You gave me an iddea though- what if the goal was not to cap, but to hold the enemy flag for a certain amount of time/longer then them?
-ALK

OS Moment <"O""S" mo·ment>
1) Where one can see something bad about to happen, cant do a bloody thing about it, but still has time to say "Oh 5h!t!!!" 2) An action that makes all the surrounding people drop their jaw and say "Oh 5h!t...."
Ratatosk
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ratatosk »

true its possible but now i have a new problem, i want it so when you get to the enemy base you can only use one portal. so i guess a portal for red only and blue only.
A Looney Kumquat
Private First Class
Private First Class

you mean a portal that gets you out of blue base, but not in?
-ALK

1) Where one can see something bad about to happen, cant do a bloody thing about it, but still has time to say "Oh 5h!t!!!" 2) An action that makes all the surrounding people drop their jaw and say "Oh 5h!t...."
Ratatosk
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ratatosk »

basically, but that would be an advantage for them because they would have a shortcut
A Looney Kumquat
Private First Class
Private First Class

I think I'm missing something... where is the advantage?? I thought all we were talking about is a game were you hold the other teams flag for as long as you can.... there is no capping, and that is were the one way teleporters come in- you can only leave your base- you cant enter it or the other teams.... when I said "you mean a portal that gets you out of blue base, but not in?" I was just using that as an example- all bases would be like that....

am I still missing soemthing?
-ALK

CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

Look up what HTF actually is...

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

"go Play With Toys urself in a dark alley u donkey ******" - Lt-Kirby2007
A Looney Kumquat
Private First Class
Private First Class

I know what HTF is........

but what is the "advantage"? What am I missing?
-ALK

Hannibal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Hannibal »

No, you don't know what HTF is..
Games don't make people violent, lag does.
ImageImage
A Looney Kumquat
Private First Class
Private First Class

omfg I know what HTF is- its were you gotta cap your own flag and you have to have the most caps.... that is TOTALLY unrelated!!!!!

I'm thinking of a totally different game were the object is to just hold the other teams flag for a certain amount of time before they hold it for that long....
-ALK

CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

Lol... you sure about that?

Earlier:
A Looney Kumquat wrote:I thought all we were talking about is a game were you hold the other teams flag for as long as you can.... there is no capping
Yet we were clearly talking about HTF - "htf" is even in the thread subject.

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dango »

A Looney Kumquat
you were the one that said "a portal that gets you out of blue base, but not in?" not Murtagh. He said that it would be an advantage to have a portal that only the red team can use to get to the blue base, and a portal that only blue team can use to get to red base. It'd be an advantage because they could just teleport to the cap-zone, and the other team can't follow them to stop them.
A Looney Kumquat
Private First Class
Private First Class

CBG:
let me reffer you to the post three above that one- We were going of ona tangent about a game style similar to HTF, but not exactly like it....
unless I mistook Murtaghs post following that for a previous-post related question, in which case that would solve the entire thing.

Me1:
I mean a portal that gets blue teamers out of there base, but doesnt let anyone in, and a portal for red base just like that...

If I did mistake murtaghs post, then treat my post before it as a side note, and ignore ALL this crap after it :roll:
-ALK

Ratatosk
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ratatosk »

ok this is totaly becoming an argument so im staying out.
dango
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dango »

A Looney Kumquat
i'm not saying what you said, i'm saying what murtagh said. you are wondering why what he said is an advantage, and i explained. no one ever said that what you are proposing has an advantage. ever. if you don't even understand what you are talking about, you best not be talking.

Everyone else:
I think this topic has lived its life. Future ideas should have their own topic. (don't flame CBG, this was edited in after his post)
Last edited by dango on Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

Murtagh wrote:ok this is totaly becoming an argument so im staying out.
Fail.
By posting "I'm staying out" you just got involved.
Smart.

Merry Christmas!

Ratatosk
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Ratatosk »

CannonBallGuy wrote:
Murtagh wrote:ok this is totaly becoming an argument so im staying out.
Fail.
By posting "I'm staying out" you just got involved.
Smart.
lol good point :roll:

what i ment was that if you had a portal to continue through the htf you would get to the other base, grab the flag come back and never have to do the whole htf thus an advantage because they wouldent have to go through the map