Double base spawning problem.

Questions and answers about the how and why of making maps.
A Looney Kumquat
Private First Class
Private First Class

Double base spawning problem.

Post by A Looney Kumquat »

I have two bases on my map- one where everyone ALWAYS spwans and starts out, and a small one that you can use to cap- but sometimes when you just join, you spawn on the small base- fixable??
-ALK

OS Moment <"O""S" mo·ment>
1) Where one can see something bad about to happen, cant do a bloody thing about it, but still has time to say "Oh 5h!t!!!" 2) An action that makes all the surrounding people drop their jaw and say "Oh 5h!t...."
SkillDude
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SkillDude »

You can't control the player's first spawns in CTF mode, and you can't control which base they spawn at either. I would just recommend you stick to one base CTFs, or make it so both bases can be used intentionally.
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

sigonasr2 wrote:You can't control the player's first spawns in CTF mode, and you can't control which base they spawn at either. I would just recommend you stick to one base CTFs, or make it so both bases can be used intentionally.
Yeah, I had this problem too. On my Tunnels map, there are two bases (one on the tower and one underground) for each team. Tanks always seem to spawn on one base or the other, randomly.
L4m3r
Hater of Everything
Hater of Everything

Post by L4m3r »

You can write a plug-in to control the spawns. Otherwise, base spawns will always be random across all team bases.
Optimism is just a milder alternative to denial.
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

It's easier than that:

Put in a spawn zone over the required base (see wiki), and then put 'freeCtfSpawns' in the world header of the map.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
A Looney Kumquat
Private First Class
Private First Class

lemme get this straight- I use the spawn zone that I have up already that is over the base I want people to spawn in, then I say "freeCtfSpawns" where?

I'm sorry to totally miss it, but I'm a new map maker, and this is my first map.
-ALK

1) Where one can see something bad about to happen, cant do a bloody thing about it, but still has time to say "Oh 5h!t!!!" 2) An action that makes all the surrounding people drop their jaw and say "Oh 5h!t...."
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

Code: Select all

world
   size 400
   freeCtfSpawns
end
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
A Looney Kumquat
Private First Class
Private First Class

ah thank you- if I'm just using the givin world size can I just say
world
freeCtfSpawns
end
?

and that goes int the map file?
-ALK

CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

Yes, yes.

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

"go Play With Toys urself in a dark alley u donkey ******" - Lt-Kirby2007