User made maps to use on servers.
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Swim, Tanks, Swim

Post by Spazzy McGee »

Swim, Tanks, Swim!

Image Image

A 'wings-fighting' style map. The idea is that tanks with WG swim in the pool. You'll notice that as well as there there are some distinctly non-realistic boxes - this is to fill up space, the original felt too open. There's also a sun bed, goggles, pool toys, etc.

The flagStay plugin ensures you don't take wings out of the pool. There is also a selection of other flags available on the pool floor.

The map has been bug fixed! You can download it here. There are two versions to run with and without flagstay.

You can play it at beyond.infinity.bz:4899

Comments/Suggestions/Ideas/etc. are encourage here, or via /report on the server.

Have fun!

This map is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 license.
A full legal copy of this can be found at http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by- ... /legalcode
Last edited by Spazzy McGee on Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

Spazzy, you've done it again. Great concept, great work!!! You sure this isn't a LouMan map ;)

~Spazzy Mcgee++
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
Quantum Tank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Quantum Tank »

I was just there, and it looks awesome. Excellent textures and excellent playability. The only bug I have found (I'm sure you know of it too) is that the tank gets stuck sometimes when falling off near the parasol.
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

Wow! Great idea! :) Nice Spaz!
Joe Mama
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Joe Mama »

Really great map. I absolutely loved playing there.
The textures are amazing and it really looks like a LouMan production.
Keep up the good work.
CUPCAKE
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CUPCAKE »

I just played this today, and I had no idea that it was new. I thought it must be, yet there was no one else on. Great map, though!
Lt-Kirby2007
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Lt-Kirby2007 »

has to be said my friend...you've done it again. i love this just as much as your last map. I have to agree with everyone else, that Louman has atlast some serious competition on his hands with you around. I look forward to many more of your maps :D I looked around at all the fine detail - like the ingrediants on the Diet Spoke can on the parasol lol, very nice touch, and the queen on the 10p coins in the south west corner of the pool having a gas mask on her lol. Laughed so hard when i saw that.

Im not so keen on the boxes youve added. Would have been better if you had possibly a pair of swim shorts that were gradually sinking to the bottom as well as a plaster that had come off somebody somehwere in the deep end. Also possibly a pair of flippers/fins that had come of somebody's feet

Main reason I came on here was to report a bug, but Quantum Tank seems to have already brought that to light on an earlier comment (the bug about getting stuck near the base of the parasol underwater). Its a shame that you cant jump up on the diving board and jump in :P

Keep up the good work, and bring out another map soon lol.

BZTANK.NET ADMIN - THE PLACE TO BE!!!!
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

Lt-Kirby2007 wrote:I have to agree with everyone else, that Louman has atlast some serious competition on his hands with you around.
I know you didn't literally mean "competition", but mappers are more of a "team" than "competition" to each other. :) The more experienced ones we have, the better the maps will be (and they can get ideas from each other and use each other as critics, so the end result will be that much better).

Nice work, Spazzy Mcgee! Keep it up.
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

Constitiution wrote:I know you didn't literally mean "competition", but mappers are more of a "team" than "competition" to each other.
Well, I like to think there's a little competition between us.

About the getting-stuck-under-the-sun-bed-bug, I can't pinpoint the cause - I guess it may be a mesh leaking it's insides all over, but I don't know which mesh, or which inside points.

Bug fix and official posting coming after I have completed the stupid amount of work I have after only 3 days back in school.

P.S: Thanks for all the great comments!
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

All known bugs are now fixed, and the map is available for download via the MDG. See above link.
Peter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Peter »

The floating ring could do with a few more faces.
“Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF, all of my base are belong to you.” ~ Nerd on Colour
dexter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dexter »

Hey Spazz.
I really enjoyed playing. Not only are the details perfect but also game-play is really fun. I love how the tank has that watery feeling to it when you jump.
Great job.
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

It was fun to play, had nice texturing, and good modeling; however, it really unnerves me that I can't reach the diving board. ;) Good job, though.
CUPCAKE
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CUPCAKE »

I spawned on the diving board the other day. I decided to savor the moment, and then I finally jumped off.
XLR8
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by XLR8 »

I went to this map a while ago, and there were like 8 people there. It was really fun! :D I liked the visual aspect of it, and it was fun to just look around at the map for a while. The little details really added to the "coolness" of the map. Although I favor maps where there are plenty of places to hide and use strategy rather than skill, this map kept me entertained for an hour or more. It's really cool! :)

By the way, I'm a little bit into map making myself, and this just occurred to me: is there any way to make the _gravity in the pool less than the _gravity outside of the pool? Or can that setting apply to the whole map only? That would be really cool if it would work that way.

Well, I look forward to checking out more of your worlds! Like other people on this string have said millions of times, keep up the good work! :D
"When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself."
-- Peter O'Toole

"If you die in an elevator, be sure to push the Up button."
-- Sam Leventon