Suggestions for XLR8N's maps

General talk about the map making process.
XLR8
Private First Class
Private First Class

Suggestions for XLR8N's maps

Post by XLR8 »

I'm XLR8, also known as XLR8N. I have noticed that not many people join my maps regularly, and that it would be awesome to provide a map that was popular! So, just to let me improve my map, what do you think should be added to it? What do you think should be in a next map that I could make? PLEASE BE HONEST and don't be afraid to criticize me. Thank you for your comments!
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Post by Winny »

What map is "your map"?.

We can't help you improve it without knowing what your talking about.
XLR8
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by XLR8 »

I have two maps, one called "XLR8N's Castles" and the other called "XLR8N's Fortress Fury!" (You can search for maps with a filter with the "/" key in the select map screen.) Sorry, my maps are new and not well-known yet. Thanks for your response!
Triumph of the Soul
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Triumph of the Soul »

I was just on "XLR8N's Castles" and "XLR8N'sFortress Fury". I like Castles, and I like Fortress Fury even more. You've got some really good ideas and some interesting maps that one could spend a long time figuring out all the best techniques, positions and playing styles of.

However, both your maps have a lot of stuff in them. I consistently got lower frame rates than on other maps. It could just be my lousy graphics adapter (in fact I'm sure that's a part of it) but your map should be playable for people with somewhat lower end computers or connections.

And speaking of connections, what kind of connection is your server running with?
Creator @: Duck or Die, Duck or Die CTF, Fuel Stack, Guernica, Normal, Frayed
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

Having a successful map takes alot of work.

Planet Mofo for example, they put alot of effort in and it really pays off.

I can't say anything about your maps at the moment because I couldn't find them in the server list. Did you take them down?

Also, having good administration can help, keeps the cheaters away.