Need help...

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
Elemental flag
Private
Private

Need help...

Post by Elemental flag »

Ok i used to play bzflag, and now im starting to play again... and now it says something about Udp or w/e, if it involvees internet connection then idk, seeing im at perfect connection... if it involves a update then what and how do i updtae w/e needs to be updated.
Longhair
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Longhair »

Is this an error that comes up when you try to join a game, or is it given as a reason that you are kicked, or what? What servers are you trying to join, and where do you live? Operating system and bzflag version wouldn't hurt either. More details would be good.

As an aside, I'd suggest that you not use Text Messaging style abbreviations in this forum. Many of us are older than 30, and we didn't grow up with cell phones and text messages. For example, what does w/e mean? I'm assuming that idk means "I don't know" but still, better to be clear. Yeah, we could go look up the abbreviations on the Internet, but since you're the one asking for help, you might, as a courtesy, speak the language of the people who from whom are asking information.
Elemental flag
Private
Private

Post by Elemental flag »

w/e= whatever

But i mean it says something is up ith the Udp after i play for like 30 secs within a server... Badgerkings Aerial and gGround Attack FFA server.
Elemental flag
Private
Private

Post by Elemental flag »

What exactly is UDP, which is one of my first Questions.
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

Elemental flag wrote:What exactly is UDP, which is one of my first Questions.
OK. First off, notice the little edit button in the upper right corner of your post. Please use it, if no one else has responded before you have something more to say.

UDP is a network protocol that may be required to play on a server (many, if not most require UDP). On the client, UDP is always on. When you have problems with UDP, the problem is with your router and not BZFlag. Make sure your router has the latest firmware, and then let us know if you are still having the issue.

Also, we are still waiting on all the info longhair requested, to help you more specifically. Also, if you still have the problem after updating your firmware, we will need to know the model of that also, in case it requires some special configuration.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Also verify that you are running the latest version of the game. There was a 2.0.10RC2 just recently posted on the forum, so try that one and see if the problems persist RC2 means it is not a final version of the game, so report any issues on that forum thread. If you still have UDP issues, report those here.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)