Who wants a BZFlag Shirt?

All things BZFlag - no [OT] here please
F687/s
Private First Class
Private First Class

Who wants a BZFlag Shirt?

Post by F687/s »

I'm posting this for two reasons.

Number two is because the post count is at 666, so I want to break that.

Isn't it hard to convert people to BZFlag? I mean, if you don't have a computer and a working internet connection, it's hard. Mentioning that it's named after BattleZone, that old game from the 80's, makes the task almost impossible. And let's not forget that name that makes your friends think you're saying BusyFlag.

The only task harder would be to find BZFlag players off the street. I mean, if there's anything worse than going up to somebody and asking, "Are you a Christian?" it would be asking somebody, "Do you play BZFlag?" The former may either net you a reassuring nod or a heaping pile of Politics, but the latter will get you either a blank stare (at best), a beating (probably), or an exorcism.

So, fellow players, take the passive route! Design a shirt that will allow people to come to you! Something that has that big red logo on the back and an unmistakable link to the website (but not so large it covers everything else up)! The rest is up to you. Make us proud. I'll wear it.

P.S. For us fellow Ohioans, can you please make a long-sleeve model also?
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Peter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Peter »

I bet they sell maybe 1 of those a year :D I seem to remember saturos had something like that, he also sold boxer shorts with such slogans on them as "you grabbed the small flag" and "rapid fire"Yeah, kind of funny
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

Nice BZFlag Merchandise.

If I saw a BZFlag Shirt wearing person in the distance, I'd definitely run after them :) I just hope its not CBG ;)
F687/s
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by F687/s »

Well then, that answers our question.

Maybe if there was more than the O'Reilly ones....
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

GraceF wrote:I just hope its not CBG
I don't think CBG would be seen dead in a BZFlag TShirt. :)

It might be nice if there were more designs. I don't know how cafe-press operates. Does BZFlag get a small fraction of each t-shirt sold?
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
dexter
Private First Class
Private First Class

something official

Post by dexter »

Maybe there would be a possibility that someone could arrange something "official" on http://bzflag.org/ to sell shirts or other merchandise. If this would happen I would encourage people to buy a shirt to support BZFlag as it is brought to all of us for free.
DTRemenak
General
General

Post by DTRemenak »

The cafepress store is run by TimRiker, so it's about as official as things get.
The Red Baron
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by The Red Baron »

I've got a couple self made bz shirts.
Beware! I'm going to clone myself and spread those clones all over the world!
Lady K
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Lady K »

A Couple of years ago a player named Timpson Texas designed some BZflag shirts. They looked great but I am not sure how many were sold or if he still has them. He is a graphic designer so he would be the one to call for the job.
Saturos
Art Master General
Art Master General

Post by Saturos »

The Red Baron wrote:I've got a couple self made bz shirts.
Pictures, pictures!
trainee
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by trainee »

I'm getting one for me and one for each of my three kids.
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

boresnake wrote:I'm getting one for me and one for each of my three kids.
lol training BZ Champions eh?
F687/s
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by F687/s »

What I thought would be cool is to have the big BZ icon logo on the back (if it's vector, it shouldn't be a problem) with the website under it justified so that both are the same length. Then you can put your witty phrases.

For example, you could make ones with certain flags, and the description below. I would then be buying N, ST(CL?), and possibly SR.

A really cool one would be to make it white, with "You Are The Rabbit" on the front.

If you think of any good ideas, post them.
trainee
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by trainee »

Grace F wrote:
boresnake wrote:I'm getting one for me and one for each of my three kids.
lol training BZ Champions eh?
Well, they we have to be better than me!
F687/s
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by F687/s »

For those who speak Deutsch (which I don't claim to), there's another site.

http://shop.bzflag.at/

These designs are more simplistic, however.
The Vet
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by The Vet »

A great idea would be to get custom shirts with your callsign on the back and a BZ Flag logo on the breastpocket. That way people can find you in public.

Unfortunately, this may earn you a beating if you have a bad reputation in BZ. :wink:
Saturos
Art Master General
Art Master General

Post by Saturos »

xxryan9559xx
Private
Private

Post by xxryan9559xx »

Cool shirts, but I have question, could you make them in black? With red vs. blue style thingy. :?
Quasar
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Quasar »

Why not in the tank's camo colors?

I have a few ideas of my own, making crappy pictures in GIMP atm. xD

Edit: May take a while... I have more than a few, so I will just post them in text.

- base color of shirt/jacket/hoody/whatever could be solid colors or patterns
- image for shirt pocket/pocket area or back could be a team bolt or icon
- shirt back or front has some sort of picture showing that it is of BZFlag, such as the picture at the top of the game's menu, or the desktop icon (for Windows users, at least.)
-I like the flag idea and the callsign, maybe somthing like:
Looking at Quasar (Blue Team) with Laser <--- I'd buy that O.O
-(Being random now) A screenshot of the game for the entire front/back xD
Joe-Schmoe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Joe-Schmoe »

Quasar wrote:Why not in the tank's camo colors?

I have a few ideas of my own, making crappy pictures in GIMP atm. xD

Edit: May take a while... I have more than a few, so I will just post them in text.

- base color of shirt/jacket/hoody/whatever could be solid colors or patterns
- image for shirt pocket/pocket area or back could be a team bolt or icon
- shirt back or front has some sort of picture showing that it is of BZFlag, such as the picture at the top of the game's menu, or the desktop icon (for Windows users, at least.)
-I like the flag idea and the callsign, maybe somthing like:
Looking at Quasar (Blue Team) with Laser <--- I'd buy that O.O
-(Being random now) A screenshot of the game for the entire front/back xD
That sounds like uniforms they'd give out at a LAN tournament 8)

Each team would have its own color, with the appropriate bolt over the breast pocket, and "looking at [callsign here]" written on the back like sports uniforms. That's totally awesome!

The ref would have a Rabbit and Rogue colored uniform, with the @ symbol on it to show admin status.

People who came to watch can buy shirts that say "Observer" and have the little eye icon on it!

Man, that totally has to happen. I'd be there.
Join MI6!
Quasar
Private First Class
Private First Class

My shirt!

Post by Quasar »

Ehehe, I have finally finished what mine would look like, and just some random generic BZShirt that I created in literally 3 minutes. I did use the same "template" for both shirts, maybe sometime i'll get around to doing actual team shirts =P
Joe-Schmoe wrote:That sounds like uniforms they'd give out at a LAN tournament 8)
Each team would have its own color, with the appropriate bolt over the breast pocket, and "looking at [callsign here]" written on the back like sports uniforms. That's totally awesome!
The ref would have a Rabbit and Rogue colored uniform, with the @ symbol on it to show admin status.
People who came to watch can buy shirts that say "Observer" and have the little eye icon on it!
I got so excited when I read this thread (hey, that rhymed). The thought of having a BZFlag Tank-camo-themed shirt makes me giggle with glee!
Attachments
BZFlag Quasar Shirt.jpg
Possibly what Quasar's shirt would look like.
(111.25 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
BZFlag Shirt standard.gif
The generic version =P
(82.21 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
Legolas_
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Legolas_ »

Attachments
Hah!
Hah!
image.jpg (10.15 KiB) Viewed 4874 times
Saturos
Art Master General
Art Master General

Re: My shirt!

Post by Saturos »

Quasar wrote:Ehehe, I have finally finished what mine would look like, and just some random generic BZShirt that I created in literally 3 minutes. I did use the same "template" for both shirts, maybe sometime i'll get around to doing actual team shirts =P
Joe-Schmoe wrote:That sounds like uniforms they'd give out at a LAN tournament 8)
I got so excited when I read this thread (hey, that rhymed). The thought of having a BZFlag Tank-camo-themed shirt makes me giggle with glee!
Problem: There are no high-resolution images of the title.png and screenshots. While it wouldnt be terribly hard to create a bigger title.png, I am not sure if we can get a screenshot in a decent size. Would probably be easier to render a blender scene which looks similar.

That means it needs more work than uploading two images. You got nice ideas there, I really like the compositions, but one would need a lot of time to realize them, if it's possible with cafepress (Do they support vector artwork? Which limitations are there? Pixel-graphics on colored shirts?)

---------------------

I've done a couple of bzflag shirts so far (I think I got.. four?). The most complex one is our team-shirt (along with some friends I got a team called [phagozytose] in guleague, phago belongs to the endozytose.network which has a team in almost every bigger league theris for bzflag.. thats why the shirts are labeled with the endo-sign and endozytose.net instead of phago.) Take a look:

Front:

Back:

And two live action shots:

Image (eww, this is old.. and yes, I cut my hair since then :))
Mets
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Mets »

I had no idea there were BZFlag shirts! I so need to get one...