Wings3D

Questions and answers about the how and why of making maps.
CUPCAKE
Private First Class
Private First Class

Wings3D

Post by CUPCAKE »

I'm making a map using Wings3D (not going to say what it is, it's a surprise) and I can't make somethings drivethrough... I am trying to make everything with the material "Clear" drivethrough, yet I'm not able to. Does anyone know how to do this? My only idea so far is this line:

Code: Select all

#matref cube1 # group?_Clear
  matref Clear
Last edited by CUPCAKE on Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SkillDude
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SkillDude »

Simply go through the mesh (Since you're using Wings3D, I know how the program writes all the code when exported), go into each face, and find matref clear, or the name of the material you put for it to be drivethrough.

You can remove the clear material and matrefs if you don't plan on using them.

-sigonasr2
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

CUPCAKE, Wings3D itself has no concept of DriveThrough or ShootThrough, or any of the BZW objects. It is not a complete mapping solution, as there is just a mesh exporter to BZW.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

look at the bzw exported, you will see where it says "matref clear"
add drivethrough to each face after that.
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
CUPCAKE
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CUPCAKE »

blast wrote:CUPCAKE, Wings3D itself has no concept of DriveThrough or ShootThrough, or any of the BZW objects. It is not a complete mapping solution, as there is just a mesh exporter to BZW.
I already realized that. I just can't figure out how to edit the file it gives me to have certain faces with certain materials drivethrough.

I've tried defining all the faces after that line up to the next part with a different material, but it then said that every line that I had defined was invalid. Am I just supposed to write "drivethrough" into each face?

EDIT: ahh yes, that worked. Too bad define doesn't, because that would sure be a lot easier.
CUPCAKE
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CUPCAKE »

I have a problem with Wings3D now... There are big spaces by some objects that you just can't drive too. Can anyone explain how to fix this?
Once I get this fixed, I should be able to finish my kitchen map.
Last edited by CUPCAKE on Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CannonBallGuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CannonBallGuy »

Uh, ... how are you making objects?

Merry Christmas!

"Look, if I don't buy booze for the kids, I don't get any incriminating pictures to show to their parents, my business goes down the sink, my girlfriend leaves me and the baby goes on ebay. So help me search..."

"go Play With Toys urself in a dark alley u donkey ******" - Lt-Kirby2007
CUPCAKE
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CUPCAKE »

Oops, I've figured it out now. But I have another problem. I've edited my post.