How do i join servers???

Need help seting up a server, or have a question on how to run one? This is the place.
tazama
Private
Private

How do i join servers???

Post by tazama »

i new and though it sounds nooby i dont know how u get on servers
Peter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Peter »

Welcome to BZFlag, say good bye to your social life now.
To join a map/server, simply start up BZFlag, select join game, then select find server, then select one from the list, and then it will take you back, and then select connect :) I hope this helps.
“Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF, all of my base are belong to you.” ~ Nerd on Colour
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

Don't forget to put in your Callsign and Password, it's the same as the ones you put in to log into this forum. You don't have to put in the same, but if you don't and you pick a different callsign, it doesn't mean it's yours and it could get used by another person. Registering a callsign is a good way to go, it also gives you the power to vote in polls in game.

To vote in a poll type "/vote {yes/no}"

example:
-"A poll has been started by PETER to ban Grace F from the forums. 100seconds remain."

/vote yes
Defman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Defman »

/vote yes

*but* that can be a problem too, when you vote yes or no and you don't know the reason why...

Sowy Grace, I couldn't resist!
Steve
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

Why are you sorry? :P

Yes, I think it would help if that was changed. Alot of the time I see polls for bans presented by a player I've never heard of. At the same time everyone is asking - 'Why?'-'Why the ban?' - or more common, 'How do I vote?' - Is there already a way to add more to the ban? Add a reason just like you can when you manually /kick or /ban someone?
Peter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Peter »

But if an Administrator is there (someone with an @ next to their name) you wont need to do any polls, because they can do kicks and bans without a poll. (no, you don't pay money to become one, and no, you can't become one bye asking).
“Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF, all of my base are belong to you.” ~ Nerd on Colour
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Meteorite »

PETER wrote:(no, you don't pay money to become one, and no, you can't become one bye asking).
Yes, some servers do bribes via money. And, yeah, you can become one by asking (those are the servers you avoid because an inherit problem with asking is that all the little kiddies want it).

By the way, it's "by" not "bye".
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN

Email me: bzmet…@gmail.com
Peter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Peter »

Oh yeah, I forgot about those maps, but if you become someone of authority at a map for any over reason than you have earnt it, then the chances are it isn't a very good server.
Becoming an administrator is something that you shouldn't worry about, it's only more hassle and means you have less time for game play :)
spartan116
Private
Private

Post by spartan116 »

where does it say join game though
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

spartan116 wrote:where does it say join game though
You're joking, right? It is the very first item on the menu when you start BZFlag...
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln