What do you think is the most fun map to play at?

Place for people to discuss public servers, and also for admins to lay out the details of their servers
XLR8
Private First Class
Private First Class

What do you think is the most fun map to play at?

Post by XLR8 »

I've been playing BZFlag for about 2 years now, and I've always liked the same maps: The Two Tanks, most of LouMan's maps (especially Mystic Valley), and a few others that I can't think of right now. So I want some variety in my BZFlag playing by now, and I wanted to know which servers you recommend, or what you think is the coolest server. Thanks!

-XL
"When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself."
-- Peter O'Toole

"If you die in an elevator, be sure to push the Up button."
-- Sam Leventon
slon02
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by slon02 »

in my opinion, the louman maps rock. (mystic valley :D ) Hide-and-seek is good if you want wing fighting. It really depends on what a person likes. I like wings and no radar...so there you go.
Current Server: hosting.BZADDICT.net:5173
Former Server: Fairserve.bzflag.org:5259
A Hobo
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Hobo »

I like to play at Badgerkings the most. The map itself is genius. There are great camping spots, but because the flag settings are pretty much flawless, its easy enought to kill them.
But the map isn't the main reason why I think it is the most fun to play on, its the players who regularly play there. Everyone seems to be in a positive mood. (excpet when getting pwned. *cough* Green *cough*)
Its a good map for all skill levels. :)
Wreckage
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Wreckage »

I seem to always be playing at maps that are symmetrical (is that the word?). Both sides are the same, or close to it.

Ex. The Two Castles, Bloodbath
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

Wreckage wrote:I seem to always be playing at maps that are symmetrical (is that the word?). Both sides are the same, or close to it.
Yes, that's the right word ;)

I like maps that have no flags (apart from team flags) on them. So maps like Hix and well Hepcat when it was around are my favourite types of maps.

I do spend most of my time on Badgers though, good map that is.
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Avatar »

In regards to MAPS, my favorites are Rain'n'Frogs, Olympic Driving 101, and most of Louman's stuff (especially Island Hopping rabbit hunt and Mystic Valley). I like Badgerking's map, but it's really the other players there that makes me go back there more often than any other map. I also like Spiralzone about as much as Badgerking's, but there's never anybody there these days.
And the lesson for tonight is:

Never underestimate the ability of a newb to expect instant success and cry "cheat!" when they don't get it. Don't hate the newb, just give them plenty of learning opportunities. ;)
Green Manalishi
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Green Manalishi »

A Hobo wrote: Everyone seems to be in a positive mood. (excpet when getting pwned. *cough* Green *cough*)
you're so hunted hobo! :evil: :rip: :P

my favorites are badgerking's, where i spend most of my time, bladica eria ziel map, aribeth's giza plateau, louman's mystic valley and a lot of other maps by louman, dutchrai's sandblaster, soccer map by sigonasr, urban jungle (though i don't like the speedway), ahs3's gym of pain, anomaly's volcano map and brave new world map, the purple panzer's ancient and modern, big mad city and the one based on the lord of the rings (can't remember it's name), rain'n frogs by landshark. i'm sure there are more but these are the ones that come to my mind.. of course some of these aren't hosted right now. among ctf maps overlord by dutchrai is the one i like most. pillbox is also good if you have just eaten and don't feel like jumping.. :roll:
Skyler
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Skyler »

I like Bloodbath, the Pillbox, and Hide 'n' Seek Hills(I grab the Oscillation Overthruster and run from hill to hill, sneaking up on people.)
Tengu
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tengu »

Borg cube is interesting, I mostly play Badgerkings :slick:
Kaze no tane no Naushika
Quantum Tank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Quantum Tank »

Mostly I play at Bloodbath, I love the tacticity of it 8) . Other fun maps are pillbox, badgerking, louman's, pretty much everythings thats often on the front page (that's why they're on the front page).
Peter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Peter »

The most fun maps to play are the ones that you've made your self, especially when lots of people are playing on them :)
“Roses are #FF0000, violets are #0000FF, all of my base are belong to you.” ~ Nerd on Colour