MI6 HQ V1.4

User made maps to use on servers.
Joe-Schmoe
Private First Class
Private First Class

MI6 HQ V1.4

Post by Joe-Schmoe »

This is a map I made for the MI6 mapmaking contest.

Screenies:

http://joesmagicgathering.googlepages.com/HQ.JPG

This is the center of the map. Usually, there are a bunch of flags around here, but I removed them for this picture. The cylinder in the center is a safezone for team flags. This means that the center is a very important tactical position!

http://joesmagicgathering.googlepages.com/foundry.JPG

This is the foundry. The molten metal kills you if you fall in, and there's a ladder on the side of each vat so you can climb back up. Part of the catwalk has fallen away, forcing you to either go around or drop to the floor...

http://joesmagicgathering.googlepages.c ... gelove.JPG

The war room is straight from Dr. Strangelove, complete with circular table, lights, and giant screens with major countries on them!

http://joesmagicgathering.googlepages.com/wwlaser.JPG

What would a secret base be without secrets? The radar in this screenshot gives its position away. Enter the secret room to unleash a laser against any potential flag-cappers! This means the map requires the wwzones plugin. It is also a great place to hide with ST.

Notes:

The low ceilings in this map will return flags to the nearest safezone. Be careful where you drop!

Observers will be able to see most of the action from outside the passages, since the walls are one-way meshes.

Jump height is reduced for this map.

Comments welcome!

EDIT: I just realized that I forgot to upload textures! :oops: Fear not, they'll be up soon...

EDIT: Textures are up!
Attachments
MI6.bzw
Fixed a bug
(39.18 KiB) Downloaded 304 times
Last edited by Joe-Schmoe on Thu Dec 06, 2007 2:39 am, edited 7 times in total.
Join MI6!
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

Wow looks good. Keep it up.
OO7
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by OO7 »

I'm liking the Dr. Strangelove idea. It was such a funny movie.
Joe-Schmoe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Joe-Schmoe »

Okay folks, the textures are up! I updated the map file to link to the proper URLs.
Join MI6!
ahs3
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ahs3 »

Now up at:

bzfmaps.net:5066

Enjoy!

ahs3
CUPCAKE
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CUPCAKE »

One of the best maps I've seen and tried in a long time. I'm still interested in seeing what its like with more people.
Might I suggest trying a wwzone when you touch the missiles (if thats what they are). Again, very nice map. This is your... 4th? Something like that?
Joe-Schmoe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Joe-Schmoe »

Thanks!

They yellow things are bullets, and a wwzone around there WOULD make some sense. I'll try and build that in.

Yes, this is my fourth map, I think it took me more time than the others combined :) I'm glad I did put the time into it.
Join MI6!
Joe-Schmoe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Joe-Schmoe »

I have uploaded an updated version of the map.

I made a giant mesh covering the floor with a death physics, anyone who lags through the walls gets killed by it. (It also prevents flags from leaving the system.)

I increased the size of the step up to the hallway from the war room. It was a bit tricky to jump up there.

Updated flags as well, some High speed and Thief flags make it a bit easier to stop someone from capping.
Join MI6!
io
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by io »

thanks for the high speed flags, they saved our team from getting capped often. I would remove sw and sr from center, cause camping is too easy with them (specially sw) sr is just that you kill teammates easy with it in center...

Map is great, at first i thought it would be unplayable :-)

Nice work, 2 shots jumping and no rico isn't my favorite server settings, but this time it really made fun playing on this map :-)

Thank you for the map !
Marzipan

Why be normal when you can be yourself?

We dance because we can not fly

Legalize it!

I created a map, i just can't remeber because i were high.

bzflag.norang.ca
Openleague
Linuxratings
Soccer-Tournament
XLR8
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by XLR8 »

I just played this map for the first time today, and it was really fun! There were 10 people on each team at one point and I really enjoyed the visual aspect of it. I can tell you put a lot of effort into it! :) I especially like the vents that lead into the "Dr. Strangelove" room. Very creative!

This map is mostly fun for me to play at because there are so many places a stealthed tank could hide. The space is confined, so there are only one or two places an enemy tank could go, making it easy to predict where to be positioned to kill them with stealth. It's the kind of map that appeals to me the most! :D

If there were one thing I would fix if this map were mine, I would make the vats in the foundry a different color than the floor or walls. It can be a little hard to determine where they are exactly and it makes that room seem kinda dull. Also, the shock wave is pretty deadly, but I know you're already working on that.

Overall, it's a fantabulous place to play and I will surely visit there often. The few flaws that there are can probably be easily fixed, and the original idea and great gameplay for players make for a wonderful place to spend my time and everyone else's. You must be proud of your work, Joe-Schmoe! I look forward to visiting your maps often! :D
"When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself."
-- Peter O'Toole

"If you die in an elevator, be sure to push the Up button."
-- Sam Leventon
Joe-Schmoe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Joe-Schmoe »

Thanks guys! Glad you like it.

I have updated the map yet again.

*No more SW, SR, or Rico flags.
*Added WG and Geno flags. (Geno will be swiftly removed again if it becomes a problem.)
*Center object is raised, so you can shoot into the vents.
*Changed color of vats.

There's also a big red button in the secret passage that says "Laser" on it;)

I'm working on another world weapon, too. It's in the map file, but commented out since it's not quite working yet.

EDIT: There were a couple mistakes in the last upload...I have fixed them. Also the center post can now be hit by people inside the air vents, I decided that there could a lot of camping otherwise.
Join MI6!