Graphic bug in 2.0.10

NOTE: this is an informal bug post place ONLY. Real bugs should be posted on GitHub
dusti
Private First Class
Private First Class

Graphic bug in 2.0.10

Post by dusti »

I play BZflag normally in fullscreen, but i have played it once in Window-mode- Since then BZFlag has a bug. I start BZflag in fullscreen but the BZflag screen doesnt fill my desktop, ders a great border around at the right and bottom. Nothing works, i installed it new, i started it in fullscreen, Window, fullscreen, as admin, but it doesn't work. But if i change the videoformat, it lokks as normal. Also the older version (2.0.8) has this bug since i had it with 2.0.10. My Computer:

Win Vista
Nvidia Geforce 8500 GT

Is htis bug known? If yes, can someone post me a link how to fix it?

P.s. sry for my english :oops:
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

The easy fix is to go into 'My Documents\My BZFlag Files\2.0' and delete/rename your config.cfg file. The slightly more work way is to open your config.cfg file with your favorite text editor (Notepad on windows) and look for a line that looks like 'set resolution "1680x1050 @60Hz 32 bits"'. Change it to your correct fullsize screen resolution and you should be all set.

PS I usually just delete my config.cfg ...

And your English was very understandable, nothing to be sorry about.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
Joe-Schmoe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Joe-Schmoe »

I had this problem too, the way I fixed it was to press F1 twice each time I started it. That changes the screen to windowed and back again, and when it comes back it's fullscreen.

Deleting the config file will reset my key mapping, correct?
Join MI6!
dusti
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dusti »

I had to delet it, to change the settings manually havent fixed the bug, but deleting has worked, thx!

"And your English was very understandable, nothing to be sorry about." my english teacher says something different :D
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

Joe-Schmoe wrote:I had this problem too, the way I fixed it was to press F1 twice each time I started it. That changes the screen to windowed and back again, and when it comes back it's fullscreen.

Deleting the config file will reset my key mapping, correct?
Yes it will reset your key mappings, but you can copy them out before deleting it, then paste them back into your new config file.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

The issue was probably that you had used -geometry at some point, and had that geometry setting saved in your configuration file.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)