The Fortified Monastery By SirIchBeenCool

Previews and comments on future maps.
SirIchBeenCool
Private First Class
Private First Class
Location: Out on the lacrosse field, taking names and getting phone numbers...

The Fortified Monastery By SirIchBeenCool

Post by SirIchBeenCool »

I was really bored so i came up with this...
Sorry no screenies... for some odd reason the are to big to post... ust check it out on bzfs

btw: I am stil adding but i need simple ideas to fil up space...Thanks

-Thanks
-SirIchBeenCool
Attachments
Fortified_Monastery.bzw
here it is... IT IS COOL
(13.83 KiB) Downloaded 260 times
"Your happiness is not my happiness it is my misery"
~Feuer Frei~--Rammstein--
Girls are like phones. They love to be held, talked too but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected! -- LtKirby2007
Check out PWN@G3 plus! http://my.bzflag.org/league/index.php?l ... fo&id=1131&
silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by silver surfer »

tank speed should b a bit faster=/ and its yet again :| a bit empty
like where its goin great job
Joe-Schmoe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Joe-Schmoe »

If the screenies are too big to post, convert them to JPG format. That should fix it.
Join MI6!
Easy Target
Private First Class
Private First Class
Location: In a cardboard box, how I own a computer, I don't know.

Post by Easy Target »

wow! i really like the look of this! really nice my friend...

I like how u were creative in making the trees lol

also one thing, about the big crosses i dont know if people might get offended by them or not :P i'm not sure if they will, but just something to think about lol... Cuz i have a friend that happens to be Hindu and he has a different sign and he might get offended if he sees stuff like that

(he plays bzflag too)
Humor helps us to think out of the box. The average child laughs about 400 times per day, the average adult laughs only 15 times per day. What happened to the other 385 laughs?
SirIchBeenCool
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SirIchBeenCool »

Well then.... I thought about that and i came up with this.....

---This map is not expressing religion at all, if you want to shoot the crosses be my guest. I am not trying to spread religoin with this map at all. If you do not like this map because of it "religoius qualities" dont play here. Again this map has nothing to do with religion at all. The reason in fact is I saw a clip from "The Sound of Music" and i thought a fortified monastery would be a cool idea for a map. This map is simply a map, and ONLY a map...You do not have to play here. Thank you for listening and reading this message.

Also LouMan has a Church map soooo it is no big deal Easy....
I thought a mideval Chruch would be a cool idea so i made one and it is going along nicely....

What i dont get is a non-violent people play a violent game...Huh thats america for ya..

p.s. i still need ideas to fill in the extra map space.....

There will also be alot of wings for jumoing around and exploring my "Monastery"....

-Thanks
-SirIchBeenCool
Girls are like phones. They love to be held, talked too but if you press the wrong button you'll be disconnected! -- LtKirby2007
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

People may misinterpret the idea of your map or give you a hard time about this, so maybe prepare yourself in case somebody does. But I think most people will be nice and just enjoy it as a map.

Personally, I am not offended at all, and I really don't think anybody else can be either. And I am always impressed with people trying different artistic or gameplay ideas in BZEdit. :) Reminds me a little of a farm map I made (or tried to) once style-wise.

Here are a couple of screenshots, lame as they are. I'm in a hurry to get to bed. 8)
p.s. i still need ideas to fill in the extra map space.....
Try a graveyard-like thing? :)
Attachments
sirichmonastery-overhead.JPG
Overall map - not the best angle for all the details.
(125.82 KiB) Downloaded 186 times
sirichmonastery-inside.JPG
Inside the monastery. I had to raise the roof to take this screenie in BZEdit, but don't worry, I didn't alter the map or anything.
(112.76 KiB) Downloaded 183 times
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

Sirichbeencool: Looks good keep up the good work.

Easy Target: I think that people should leave there social lives out of bzflag. If they are offiended just don't play there.
SirIchBeenCool
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SirIchBeenCool »

I have already done a grave yard thing... look by the mini entrance with the fenced off area and one lone tree look in the area...

Well thanks for the feed back.. busy now so new map should be up later and ill try the export to .jpg
Easy Target
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Easy Target »

I like it, and your map doesnt offend me, i was just saying WHAT IF it offended someone, but i think that the person will be rational about it (hopefully)

I mean, you cant put any other sign on top of it, the cross just fits there...

I like it a lot... You are very creative with the materials that bzedit offers :wink:
Humor helps us to think out of the box. The average child laughs about 400 times per day, the average adult laughs only 15 times per day. What happened to the other 385 laughs?
SirIchBeenCool
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SirIchBeenCool »

ohhhh yea!!!! i knew this would be a cool map... working on it now though... so i cannot post a newer versoine just yet! But i will soon..

I dont like using textures i just like using the bzedit blocks, pyramids, teleporters and bases. Then i just need this map thinking brain of mine now... I give PETER ideas for maps now btw..!(or will)

Well got to work on this invention of mine!

-Thanks-
-SirIchBeenCool-
SirIchBeenCool
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SirIchBeenCool »

Here is the NEW map!
Some new features.... check them out for yourself!
Look at the well in the corner by the building...the best thing i have ever made!... so detailed.
Well sorry i do not have time to post screenies but I dont really need to, nothing really changed in overall apperance....
Please just check it out on a bzfs and post some screen-shots here if you would like.
-there is now a tele leading from the outside(back of the building where the walls cross) to the inside so if you get stuck you dont have to drive around!

-Thanks-
~SirIchBeenCool~
Attachments
Fortified_Monastery.bzw
Newest map
(21.03 KiB) Downloaded 279 times
Easy Target
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Easy Target »

Wow, I cant get over how much I like it lol! For some reason it just looks GOOD! I love your knack for details and stuff. I really cant wait for it to come out, looks like its gonna be a heck of a time!!!! :D
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

Its ok still needs some touch up I think. There is a point when Details take over the playability of a map.
SirIchBeenCool
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SirIchBeenCool »

OOOOO ducktape how you are wrong... I have tesed this map and it is playable, detailed and down-right awesome. There are many spots for gm to sit, St to hide and sneak around,and wings to reload jumps....safely. I dont really think this map will ever be on the top, but it might because it looks soo good without textures.... Did you guys see the well?.... Isnt it awesome? As i think about i never finished the well... was going to add sides to the "rope wheel" and give it a crank, also was going to put the top of the bucket in the "water". Map coming along great!

By the way i forgot to mention (i shouldn't have to) but this map is of course a FFA. Which now that i think is my first!

Well enjoy people!

-Thanks-
~SirIchBeenCool~
Easy Target
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Easy Target »

SirIchBeenCool wrote:OOOOO ducktape how you are wrong... I have tesed this map and it is playable, detailed and down-right awesome.
Sirichbeencool, you are forgetting the point of this forum. It is so that other people can give you suggestions on how to make your map better. You should acknowledge other peoples CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. I also would have to agree with Ducktape. Although the map is playable... It is still really empty. Also, after testing it, I have realized that many of the structures do not enhance the game play of the map, in fact they kind of do the opposite.

For example, that random assortment of boxes in the middle shaped like a triangle, they do not help the game at all, in fact they just get in the way. And the pews inside the church, I understand you put them there to LOOK good, but they do not play well. They are just random objects that get in the way.

Other than that, and a few other jump distance problems, I believe that this map has potential.
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

Sirichbeencool: Easy target put what i was trying to say good. Its just that when you try to make a work of art thats about a place like a church or anything its not really the best in playability. And I did notice that some of you boxes are not the right sizes some hang out and that does not make a map look good.
SirIchBeenCool
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SirIchBeenCool »

Umm yea i was supposed to add and atachment on the last post but i forgot..... As you can see there are many more spots for play, and um easy they dont get in the way... i got people to play on it and they loved it!
I think because the pews underside was open and you could move freely then if someone came quickly jump up on them and take action!

I'm sorry about no telling you i tested it with other people but i forgot...
The well i made was just to see what i could do with an idea, and eye candy really. Newest version of map attached here!
Ill try to get screen-shots now.. I have time to get them...

I guess now that i look back i am sorry guys.. not normal these days... streesed out beyond belief...*sigh*

This map is now more playable (kinda) but it is still just... wel.. "pretty"

-Enjoy-
-And Thanks-
~SirIchBeenCool~

Edit:----> ducktape they are supposed to hang out... It is "one of those spots" for wings to sit and be safe. Thanks for noticing though.
Attachments
Fortified_Monastery.bzw
Well have fun and look around!
(22.98 KiB) Downloaded 258 times
Easy Target
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Easy Target »

SirIchBeenCool wrote:and um easy they dont get in the way... i got people to play on it and they loved it!
I believe that you are taking mine and ducktape's comments as if we are attacking you. You are constantly defending your own map, not that that's a bad thing, but if you dont want our opinion then just dont post the map on works in progress, go straight to map releases.

It is always annoying if you ask our opinion
SirIchBeenCool wrote: btw: I am stil adding but i need simple ideas to fil up space...Thanks
right there, you asked for our opinions, and when we give them to you, you are just shrugging them off. Please refrain from doing that in the future, because it tends to annoy people. :|

Now... onto the topic of your map.

-I agree with Ducktape, that some of the jumps are a little messed up and make the map look funny. For example, the two "gm camp balconies" as i like to call them. It is really hard for a person with a keyboard to jump accurately onto them. and also, you have a box right where the person is to jump, so naturally, they would jump over it. But jumping over that box would make you fall.

About the random boxes in the middle that disrupt game play. I'm talking about the ones that are shaped like a triangle with a stick out of it. I tested the map, and it totally just gets in the way. Another group of boxes with the same problem are the ones that kind of look like parking spots. They aren't strategically placed, and that really interrupts game play.
Try not to just put random boxes wherever you feel, but put them where you think they can have a purpose. If not, it makes it just look like you are trying to just fill up space, and that turns many people away from the map.

Remember, this is only CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM, and is not to be taken personally.

-Take it Easy-
-Easy Target-
SirIchBeenCool
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SirIchBeenCool »

oops im sorry i gave you guys the wrong one! I fixed the problem after i tested it, i dont know if the "sparkles" are still the though, they were supposed to be deleted.... I forgot i changed my map name and uploaded the wrong one... oops sorry Easy for making you type a lot for no reason... i was making the * things for another map... then i realized i was on the wrong one and just forgot to delete them... oops i feel dub now... :oops: well i dont know what the "parking spots" were for.... i guess i was really out of it when i was working on it.... it happens.... I got tired of this map so i started a new one... but while still working on this one..... I dont know what happened.... Well sorry about that..... As i think about this now this was not even the map i was supposed to be making a topic about..... gosh now i really feel dumb :oops: :doh:
The map i was going to put up here is like this... but accually playable....

Easy Target: Who says i dont take your ideas?....Or others for that matter. It may look like i dont care but i test out peoples ideas then if i dont like them i simply get rid of them! Also who says im taking this personally?.... I am not annoyed when people give me ideas. Just annoyed with myself that i cant make them work!

Check out the new map later!

-Thanks-
~SirIchBeenCool~
Easy Target
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Easy Target »

SirIchBeenCool wrote:Easy Target: Who says i dont take your ideas?....Or others for that matter. It may look like i dont care but i test out peoples ideas then if i dont like them i simply get rid of them! Also who says im taking this personally?.... I am not annoyed when people give me ideas. Just annoyed with myself that i cant make them work!
I didn't say to STOP taking it personally, I just meant not to be too hard on yourself when making a map and stuff like that.

I hope your new map comes along nicely.

-Take it Easy-
-Easy Target-