What things do you do to trick them?

Questions and comments on tactics and playstyles
captain_quark
Private
Private

Post by captain_quark »

My trick is to precious but I can tell u this!

From my point of view there are less surprises, but I can surprise U!
OPTIMUSprime
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by OPTIMUSprime »

Usually on Bloodbath when im Trying to get on the Track without being sniped, i usally be typical and grab CL, but sometimes now i grab MAS instead
Wabbits With A Laptop
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: What things do you do to trick them?

Post by Wabbits With A Laptop »

I keep on grabbing and dropping flags until I get ST, then go right behind the nearest tank then...BLAST! I shoot 'em :lol-old: :lol-old: :lol-old:
Last edited by Wabbits With A Laptop on Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
F687/s
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by F687/s »

> Point is, what's MAS?

Most likely MQ.

Why trick people, when you can shoot them Right in the Face?
dopefish7590
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dopefish7590 »

i hunt many people and they see me and try to shoot me, i jump towards them, so they think they can get me in the air or wait till i land... but they dont notice i have a shock wave to destroy their plans with, if they jump... their dead, they cant backup fast enough, and if they stay there or move ahead, there dead, kind of a catch 22 for them at any time
-Swim, Swim, Hungry
Megaleg11
Private First Class
Private First Class

My Trick

Post by Megaleg11 »

Pick up Phantom Zone and drive through a teleporter. Then, stand between or next to 2 opponent tanks. Chances are one of them will shoot the other.
0BullzEye0
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by 0BullzEye0 »

heh good topic some poeple in bzflag dont have patients so they do dumb things. i get into their mind.and truthfully i like doing this:i make it look like i dont know what im doing. when i drive up to them i fire one shot they panic.then they fire at me im good at dodging up close, so i dodge and its really tricky and freaky cause you look like a monster dodging their shots up close, when they run out of fire shoot them .thats why learning to dodge is important.,
"leadership comes with a responsibility.not an act of narrow-mindedness,or heroism.so that you be wise in your doings"
-Cheif LaGuerre
IZboy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by IZboy »

One thing I love to do, is when battling a wing without of flag, or with a flag like st, cloak, or geno, I wait for them to descend, and then when they're about and tank and a half height's higher then I am, I jump, and usually, they aren't expecting it and the bullet hits them before they are able to jump to higher altitude.

I've genoed a total of 9 times doing that. :)
Tank 52
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tank 52 »

This is one me and blissard invented today on misslewars, have a teammate on your side get seer and you get sb (or the other way around it really dosn't matter) then have your guy with seer tell you where any enemies with st are,then just let them get close and bam shoot them with sb,works every time,and fun for the whole family :)
Try to look unimportant,they may be low on ammo
Teamwork is essential,it gives them other people to shoot at.
Evil Bob
Private
Private

Post by Evil Bob »

my favorite trick is to be evil.
I_Died_Once
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by I_Died_Once »

SW is also great as a blinding effect. If you know someone is sniping at you with Laser and you're jumping around, try to time your 'Waves so you have one firing as the last one ends and you can kinda make it harder for someone far away to get an exact shot. Like a distraction, they see the wave and not so much your tank, makeing it a tad bit more difficult to get a precise landing spot.

This is a lot mofre effective against veterans than one would think.

Gotta be on a server that allows the SW flag to have a lot of shots, or no shot limits at all. This maneuver is great once you get the hang of it. Gives a visual cover.
...This has been a recording.
spitfiire
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by spitfiire »

What i do it make them chase me to a wall or just stay at one and if they shoot derictly to the wall(not from the side of it) i jump and it ricochets right at them.
Quantum Tank
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Quantum Tank »

I had a wonderful spur-of-the moment trick on missile wars 2, although I doubt it could work again:

I am on the platform one level below the center geno platform, with no flag. There is a green WG up there who knows me well enough to not drop down and try to kill me, as his windshield would have been promptly broken. There is a teammate with me on my platform, and decides to jump. Of course, the WG guy, who was somebody pretty good (Mari I think) kills him without even jumping. However, I jump right afterwards, and because of the explosion (yes, that thing actually has a use other than to look pretty!), I could fire and kill the wg before he even knew I jumped! (as for those who are thinking, why wasn't he looking at the radar? It was because I jumped less than a split second after my teammate, and so the WG guy was still focused on his window from aiming to shoot the other guy)

The moral? If you have a crazy plan that probably won't work, do it anyways!
Candycorndestroyer
Private
Private

Acting Crazy

Post by Candycorndestroyer »

Press the up and down arrows alternatively really fast. It will make you appear to others as having serious lag or comp probs when you really don't. When thy pause to observe your weird motion, stop right a way, turn towards them and shoot. Best trick for avoiding bullets from a moderate distance: stay absolutely still. They will aim right for you. Just move out of the way when they shoot. Works all the time until they catch on to you.
Cpl Foggy Dewhurst
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Cpl Foggy Dewhurst »

My trick is..... now, get a pen and a piece of paper for this, because you'll definitely want to learn this trick..

But my trick is usually to spawn, get hit, jump 500ft in the air after exploding in a ball of flames, then shouting out loud "exceptional!"

:lol-old: yes, I suck. But learning, thanks to all the veterans and fellow newbs who offer advice on these forums. Two tumbs up.
Ta!
Corporal Walter C. 'Foggy' Dewhurst,
Corporal Sign-Writer
[ The Armoury ]
Cheerio!
Sasha
Private
Private

An idea...

Post by Sasha »

Sit on ledge with one open side (like below) with machine gun. Self explanatory.

[_
]
Bambino
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Bambino »

Depending on the map I'm on I like driving in tight circles, it makes it appear as if I was NR and sometimes attracting player who I promptly do a spray of bullets at them.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -- Albert Einstein
GU League | Ducati League | OpenLeague
Pirate
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: what i do

Post by Pirate »

-shadow- wrote:If someone is on a building and i am at the foot of it.
I go straight up to it then jump. it takes them by surprise and they dont know when to shoot. im out of their view withing a split second.
i shoot them b/c i am ready for it. :wink:
You see, I often anticipate that and I begin shooting when they reach the foot of the building/
Zac
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Zac »

personally. most of your tricks are easily countered but i like idied onces one it sounds cool