new flag

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
mdskpr
Private First Class
Private First Class

new flag

Post by mdskpr »

I say you should make a mines flag which when laid would blow up on drive over. it should not be able to blow up other teammates though. but it should have more than one mine per flag so some BZDB variables could look like this.

n = number

_minesDeactivateTime = n
_minesNumPerFlag = n
_mineSize = n

maybe it could be able to be seen from up close on the map but couldnt be seen from far away ; )

it would be cool :idea: :wink: :wink:
dexter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dexter »

Something like this has already been done:
http://my.bzflag.org/bb/viewtopic.php?t=11828
mdskpr
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by mdskpr »

well i could do something like this which i posted up on the wiki.

This flag is shot and lays a mine that blinks very rapidly, if runover it disables shooting until BZDB variable _mineTimeLimit kicks in and enables shooting again. also another BZDB variable could be added _mineDeactivateTime setting how long a mine can remain dangerous. yet another BZDB variable could be added specifying the mine size. maybe BZDb variable _mineLimit could specify how many mines a player could have or it could be just based on the shot limit. this flag is useful if being chased and many other uses.
--MDSKPR
Joe-Schmoe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Joe-Schmoe »

It does seem easy to implement...

Just have a flag that fires bullets with no velocity. They'll just float in midair until someone hits one of them. You'd also have to set it up so that they don't record collisions with the tank that fired them, (Or have a "safety radius" like GM) to prevent unseemly suicides.
Join MI6!
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Mines will not be implemented. The "Remote Mines" flag type was already rejected with this comment:
No, no mines. They will seem to kill players for no reason.
And sure, you could make them visible, but then you'll just avoid them. So there isn't any point to them.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Lt-Kirby2007
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Lt-Kirby2007 »

there is already a plugin code for that :) called the Useless Flag Mine....mind you, it can be applied to any flag by just changing the code :)

BZTANK.NET ADMIN - THE PLACE TO BE!!!!
Goodbye2U
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Goodbye2U »

Ah, but then it becomes a flag of instant death, which is also against
the flag type restrictions.
I'm thinking I need a better sig than this...
mdskpr
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by mdskpr »

Goodbye2U wrote:Ah, but then it becomes a flag of instant death, which is also against
the flag type restrictions.
Yes but this flag disables the ability to shoot, so death wouldn't be involved and it would create another skill, to be able to dodge the mines, like the wiki flag type restrictions says would be good.....
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

no flag removes the ability to score (thief does but only for the first shot that hits, after that you can kill again ).

the person with your mines flag would not be able to kill any tanks, therefore making the flag pointless in the goal of the game.

mines only make sense in games where you have "damage" and proximity blasts. A mine visible on the screen would just be driven around, just like boxes and other obstacles.
ImageJeffM
Goodbye2U
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Goodbye2U »

And on top of that, think of where the mine would be.
If you were running from someone and you fire, guess what's gonna happen?
I'm thinking I need a better sig than this...