Digital control

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
??? Lauria
Private First Class
Private First Class

Digital control

Post by ??? Lauria »

I bought a pair of Gravis Gamepad Pro controllers on eBay and the sale went right before I noticed a similar pair of controllers with analog sticks for only five bucks more.

Now I'm stuck with digital control and the moving is really unsmooth and inaccurate. Any way to make the control a bit smoother? I keep oversteering.
Stop chewing that phonecord, young man!
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

A digital gamepad won't be smooth.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

I've used my Xbox 360 controller on bzflag and its pretty smooth, I still have more control with my mouse and keyboard. If you decide to try a 360 controller you have to go to Microsoft's site and download the drivers. Here is a link: http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/gaming/download.mspx And it works on XP aswell. IF you run Linux Check the repository for a Calibrator.
??? Lauria
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ??? Lauria »

It's fine, I rigged up a small program that has the controller manipulate the mouse in a way that makes it function like an analog stick. It's fine now.
Stop chewing that phonecord, young man!
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

sounds cool you should think about posting it on the forums for other to use.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

ducktape wrote:I've used my Xbox 360 controller on bzflag and its pretty smooth, I still have more control with my mouse and keyboard. If you decide to try a 360 controller you have to go to Microsoft's site and download the drivers. Here is a link: http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/gaming/download.mspx And it works on XP aswell. IF you run Linux Check the repository for a Calibrator.
The whole point was they already had a gamepad, and that it wasn't analog like the Xbox 360 controller, but digital (as in, there is no in-between settings in the directional pad...)
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)