Service for map makers

Need help seting up a server, or have a question on how to run one? This is the place.
Teppic
Private First Class
Private First Class

Service for map makers

Post by Teppic »

I used to run an upload service where you could upload maps via ftp to a specific folder, then they would be included on a rotation on my bzfs server. I think someone uploaded a map once...

Anyhow, I have stopped using ftp, and have resurrected the old idea in a much simpler form.
You log in to a webpage, upload a map and a config file from your pc and it gets run live on the server.

If anyone has maps they want hosted PM me for a login.
If anyone wants to try and break this very alpha release code, PM me for a login.
If anyone has the ability to make html look nice and wants to help, PM me for a login.
If you do send a PM include your desired username and password (passwords like 'pass' or '1234' will be *cough* upgraded).
I'll send you the link with your user/pass.
Joe-Schmoe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Joe-Schmoe »

Isn't the config file computer-specific? One could put all the options in the map file anyway...

And when you say they would be "hosted live"...does that mean I upload the map, and BAM it's hosted? SWEEEEEET.
Join MI6!
Teppic
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Teppic »

Joe-Schmoe wrote:Isn't the config file computer-specific? One could put all the options in the map file anyway...yes, once it's uploaded server related stuff is stripped out and replaced to use the localmachine

And when you say they would be "hosted live"...does that mean I upload the map, and BAM it's hosted? Indeed, but only for 30 minutes at a timeSWEEEEEET.
The only problem ATM is if someone else uploads a map whilst you are playing, it restarts the server with their map. I just want to get the code working properly, than I'll decide how to do different server slots etc.
Teppic
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Teppic »

It's stable enough now that you don't need a password to upload anymore, just go here and upload your map. You can also use the built in config generator instead of having to craft one before hand.