Wolf

Premade map objects and sections that can be used in user maps.
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Wolf

Post by optic delusion »

Wolf
The file is too large to host here, and I'm still waiting for mapatorium 2.0...
so here's the link to the bzw.
http://www.garrettsites.net/bzmaps/inde ... ail&id=230

Last edited by optic delusion on Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

Wow it looks really good. Do you having maps coming up that are using this?
Joe-Schmoe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Joe-Schmoe »

My...mind...is...blown!

Does that take forever for the client to load? If the file is too big to host here it must be pretty heavy.

How many different textures is it using? Or does it stretch one texture over the whole thing?
Join MI6!
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Post by Winny »

You could open the map file and look for the UV Map...

http://cbg.bzflag.org/images/A-Delusion ... olfmap.png
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

I couldn't quite get the wolf to do what I wanted it to do, so I switched to another poser figure, the velociraptor.
I made a ten frame animation, he reaches out and tries to bite you as you get closer. It looks great on my mac system at 1680 by 1050 screen resolution, and most unix users, but something is behaving weird on windows machines.
Anyway, here's the file and a screenie, If anyone wants to look at the first true 3-d animation ever done in BZFlag. You have to see it on a server, a screeniedoes not do it justice.

here's the bzw, It's an 11MB download, so I won't direct link to it. You'll have to find raptor.bzw in here.

http://cbg.bzflag.org/images/A-Delusion/untitledfolder/
Last edited by optic delusion on Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
plokijuy
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by plokijuy »

wow, they both look really good!
keep up the good work, have a gold star :P
silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by silver surfer »

dude you crazy=P how on earth did you make those??!?! they're amzing... how long it take to make um?
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

This program helped a lot. http://www.e-frontier.com/go/poser

A year of research into how to make trepan's drawinfo was also necessary, too. But you don't need to know how to make drawinfo, you just need to know how to make an obj file, and use modeltool.
For those of you that have not been following the developments in drawinfo, here's a good place to look. http://mybzflag.net/?p=296#more-296

jftsang
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by jftsang »

you are... wonderful!!

you should carry on making this!
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Just keep in mind that he didn't make the 3D model itself. He downloaded the models from the internet, and used a few tools and some hand editing to convert them into a BZFlag map.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

captainmack
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by captainmack »

blast wrote:Just keep in mind that he didn't make the 3D model itself. He downloaded the models from the internet, and used a few tools and some hand editing to convert them into a BZFlag map.
way to dash everyones dreams ;)
"So you think that money is the root of all evil? Have you ever asked what is the root of money?"

optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

whether blast likes it or not, it's still the first truly 3-D animation ever in the history of BZFlag Mapping.

blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Optic Delusion wrote:whether blast likes it or not, it's still the first truly 3-D animation ever in the history of BZFlag Mapping.
I never said anything about that, nor anything about "not liking it". Please try to at least read my posts before replying to them.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

also note that it is NOT an animation in the classical sense, it is not controllable. The model does not "move". The effect is generated by using a different position for each LOD, so the model only appears to move as you get closer or farther away. Every player will see a different position based on where they are on the map.

bzflag does NOT support a general animation system. What is being done here is simply a clever hack.
ImageJeffM