BZ Flag at MySpace

Post by tacboss »

pls look at this cool styled site at myspace

http://www.myspace.com/bzflag
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

Most of the people on the forum have seen this before. There has been at least 2 topics i've seen about bzflag and myspace. I think the effort is good but i'm not a myspace person. If this attracts myspacers to bzflag I think bz will kinnda lose the great community it has. I'm not saying in anyway myspace is bad or people who use it are bad or defect the bz community just i dont think it helps.
the_j0k3r
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by the_j0k3r »

I actually think its pretty good. I remember looking at another attempt at a BZFlag myspace and it turned out horrible. I like the design, and I like how its simple, just with a brief description, a screenshot and links. Much better then the last attempt.

Ducky has a point, but I think it's unfair to condemn the myspace community completely. After all, the BZFlag community is made up of more children/teens then adults, and myspace could bring some good people to the community. I would also point out that many of the BZFlag players I know have myspace.
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

the_j0k3r wrote:Ducky has a point, but I think it's unfair to condemn the myspace community completely. After all, the BZFlag community is made up of more children/teens then adults, and myspace could bring some good people to the community. I would also point out that many of the BZFlag players I know have myspace.
While I agree that there are many teen/children that play bzflag, I think you would be very surprised how many players are older. There used to be a post that was a poll on how old you were and, IIRC, well over 50% were 20+ and 33% were over 30. Many of the more mature players play on the league servers and leave the list serve servers for the kiddies (but that is a generalization). You will almost always find a few of us 40+ players on any server.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

I wasn't condemning them at all. There are already alot of myspace users on bzflag that i know, Just there are some ways it doesnt help.
tacboss
Private
Private

Post by tacboss »

i think it is equal, if it helps or not. It's just a way to promote BZ Flag. Myspace is a place for many people, young, old, crazy...

i like the design, the metal looking background... i don't say this cause allyfied (who made the design) is a team member ;-)