customizing tanks...

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

customizing tanks...

Post by silver surfer »

ok this an IDEA,... and anyways i would never know how to do this... but is it possible for newer versions for you to customize your tank?... that would be pretty cool like what your camo parts look like... or a cool design on the tank?...

and maybe someone could make a plugin that makes all admins have some kind of star on them...

just an idea...
and as you know I would never be able to code or do anything to help this... :cry: i want to learn how to code stuff right =( i'll learn it someday...

tell me what you think about the idea.
A Meteorite
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by A Meteorite »

No, it is not possible to customize your tank or anyone else's tank. And it has been denied several times.

Everyone will have the same type of tank.
Owner @ BZFX
Core Admin @ CAN

Email me: bzmet…@gmail.com
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Post by Winny »

You can customize the tanks in BZFlag 3.0

http://my.bzflag.org/bb/viewtopic.php?t=12234

Keep in mind though, this replaces every tank in the game with one of your choosing.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

And it is only a local effect. Only you will see that tank model.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

until I finish it all ;)
ImageJeffM
F687/s
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by F687/s »

JeffM wrote:until I finish it all ;)
Would user-customizable tanks even be a possibility? I could imaging the lag of downloading and rendering each user's own tank would counteract the benefits of having your own personal tank. Then again, maybe players will only get to choose from a list of pre-defined tank models.

EDIT: Lag was the wrong word, I meant something along the lines of laggy rendering. Ah, well...
Last edited by F687/s on Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

F687/s
lag has nothing to do with it.

the initial idea (If I finish it) is that you will be able to pick from a list of tank models you have installed ( a manual install you do by dragging a folder ). Then you send that tank name out to the server when you join. If the other player has that model, they will use it to draw your tank. If not then they will draw the default tank.

This is should be a good starting point that will prevent abuses, since users will not install offensive models, etc..

Sometime later we may look into an automatically updated central repository for models that clients can use. But probably not for this release.
ImageJeffM