BZAdmin on PSP?

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

BZAdmin on PSP?

Post by ducktape »

I just got a psp and I know BZFlag wont work on a psp becuz psps do not support OpenGL. But would bzadmin work on a psp?
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Since there has been success getting Linux running on the PSP, I'd say it's possible.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

Well what would be used to make this work? Would the cell phone version of bzadmin work?
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

Well, first of all you'd need linux on your PSP. Then you'd have to cross compile the code for the PSP system. It's not going to be a trivial task.

It was fairly easy on my N800, since they have an SDK that does all that cross-compiling for me. There isn't going to be any such thing for the PSP, since it's not officially supported. So basically, unless you are already familiar with linux, porting applications, and cross-compiling, you aren't going to be able to do it.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

Alright.. Thanks.
Gabriel G
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Gabriel G »

Hey ducktape,
You might want to try this, called PSPGL they say it's 'similar' to Open GL.
(something a bit like) OpenGL for the PSP

http://www.goop.org/psp/gl/

Good luck,
Skater.
Use the Search and Edit buttons as your question may have already been answered/posted.

blast
General
General

Post by blast »

It's probably possible to make that work with the graphical client, but as it states there, it's only a subset of the OpenGL specs. I've been trying to get BZFlag to link to TinyGL to run it on the N800, and it's going to be a bit tricky due to the same issue.