This COULD be a bug... Flag problems!

NOTE: this is an informal bug post place ONLY. Real bugs should be posted on GitHub
Prongs
Private
Private

This COULD be a bug... Flag problems!

Post by Prongs »

I have noticed that when I get a flag, say "GM" and I die with that flag... well 70 percent chance that will be the first flag I pick up when I come back to life... I have also seen alot others do it too...
widowmaker
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by widowmaker »

really? Are you using any sort of cheat client because the server controls placement of flags and the moment they are dropped they become a specific flag. They don't change randomly like you are claiming. Maybe it is just luck that this happens.
larsl
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by larsl »

If others do it it's probably because they remember where they were when the died, and go back there to get the flag they dropped. If you do it without even trying, then that is strange. Probably just luck.
Homonculus
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Homonculus »

That happened to me a few times. Once i picked up the GM Well dressed gentleman 3 times in a row, and once the laser was right in front of me when I respawned. Maybe the place that the tank respawns in and where the flags fall are random, but because they happened one after the other they are close to each other?
Grumbler
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by Grumbler »

hmmm, well i have noticed the same thing. it could be that the spawn positions are near where the flag was last dropped, or that the "flag spawn" positions are not entirely random either.......ie, GM flags are all located in the same general area, s.....o if you die and respawn in that area you have a higher probability of picking up a GM flag again. I think that is the best explaination................so, any takers for rewritting the flag spawning code to ensure randomization?
.........you kids, get out of my tank...........
widowmaker
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by widowmaker »

Might want to write the code to check to make sure that the tank respawns in a different quadrant than the last respawn. Could have like 16 quadrants or something like that.