hi im new

Questions and comments on tactics and playstyles
dogman65
Private
Private

hi im new

Post by dogman65 »

hey im new and i just started an account but dont no how to start playing the game any help plz? :?: :?: :?:
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Post by Winny »

http://my.bzflag.org/w/Download

Download and install the correct version for your OS.

Input your account info into the "Callsign" and "Password" lines, in the "Join Game" screen.
RPG 29
Private
Private

Post by RPG 29 »

You also need to go to Find Server after you type in the username and password. Select a server, and then click connect. I'd recommend Missile War for a n00b (no offense).
dexter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dexter »

RPG 29 wrote:You also need to go to Find Server after you type in the username and password. Select a server, and then click connect. I'd recommend Missile War for a n00b (no offense).
I'd actually go and start on a map where you can learn the real basics of playing: Aiming, dodging and jumping. For this I can recommended HiX or pillbox or ducati. You'll find a lot of very good guys there but IMO the best way to learn is to play the best.
CapN
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by CapN »

Welcome dogman, I would echo the advice of whodaman as far as what servers to start on. Don't be surprised though by how bad it seems you are doing at first. Just get comfortable with moving and aiming and dodging.

And whatever you do.....watch out for the tank named Menotume!!!!! He is to be feared!!
Amoeba
Private First Class
Private First Class

Welcome!

Post by Amoeba »

My favorite place to go used to be red vs. green by strider and blizzard. I found it quite "n00b friendly" and played it a lot until everyone else quit going there. However, if people DID start playing there again that would be a good place to learn. Happy shooting! :)