Uniform Navy Blue
34%

Total votes: 68

JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Shirts! (image heavy)

Post by JeffM »

We are making good headway on the shirt front, so I thought I should show everyone what we have.

We had a number of design submissions, many of them very feasible. But sadly for this first run of shirts we had to choose only one to print. If everything goes well, we will most likely print other designs on future runs of shirts (All the art submissions are listed later in the post).

We ended up going with a design by our favorite BZ Artist, Saturos, as we felt it was the best overall design, and makes a very good 'logo' shirt for us. It will be our 'basic' shirt.

This would be the back of the shirt ( logo not to scale ) if we printed on a charcoal colored shirt, and this would be the front;

We are not dead set on the color of the shirt, in addition to the charcoal shirt, we are also deciding between the following colors.

Military Green;

Olive;

Steel Green;

Uniform Navy Blue

As you can see there is a poll up there, so please vote your preference. We will only print one color this time so we'd like to know what most people like. We are sure that we want to go with a darker colored shirt, but probably not a black shirt ( everyone does black shirts ;) )

We are also taking pre-pay orders for some special items, including;

A pullover hoodie, in green and black.
Image Image

A full zipper hoodie in green and black.
Image Image

And a sheer cotton athletic fit shirt in "smoke"

All items will have the large logo on the back, printed in 3 colors ( white, gray, and black ), and a smaller logo with our URL on the front breast in white. The hoodies will be offered in both colors, because they are paid for in advance. Also please note these images are just samples we made to try and visualize the final designs, and do not exactly represent what will be printed.

Since we will be going with a 3 color design, the cost of the shirts will go up slightly (0.50$usd) per shirt. So that puts us at 13.50$ for small to XL and 14.50 for XXL and XXXL.

You can find the prepay pages on our store website at http://store.bzflag.bz . The images there will be updated later today to these that use the new logos.

Now on to the fun stuff.

We got a number of good submissions, and i'd like to thank winny, spazzy mcgee, saturos, blast and, think different for what they have done. A number of designs are good enough for additional lower run printings after we see how the first run goes. Here are the designs, if you like them or have comments please feel free to post ( be kind, and constructive please ).

Here is a larger version of the final design, showing both the front and back images.

These are the designs submitted by others that we may print later.

#1a
#1b
#1c

Last edited by JeffM on Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ImageJeffM
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

And yes I know I put the front logo on the wrong side in the images :( it will be on the left side of the shirt when worn.
ImageJeffM
Anthony
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Anthony »

i like #6 :D
Peter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Peter »

Looks great, who did which?
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

I am leaving them anon right now to not affect the opinions ( disregarding the last 2 of course, everyone loves those ;) )
ImageJeffM
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

I like the one chosen and of course Number 6... let me guess was that Winny? or Blast? heh.
joevano
General
General

Post by joevano »

ducky wrote:I like the one chosen and of course Number 6... let me guess was that Winny? or Blast? heh.
Good guess.. but wrong. I do like it, but I don't think I would buy a shirt with #6. It has great comedic value, but not much shirt value IMHO. I like #2 and #5
Last edited by joevano on Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There is nothing worse than aggressive stupidity. -- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
"How many legs does a dog have if you call his tail a leg? Four. Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it a leg." -- Abraham Lincoln
tw1sted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tw1sted »

I feel that #5 has too much going on at one time for people to actually realize what they are looking at. I like saturos's one the best, IMO. #3 is also quite nice.
dexter
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by dexter »

I'd go for Satu's and I also like the colors in #2. I'd probably end up only buying a t-shirt.
Last edited by dexter on Fri Mar 14, 2008 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saturos
Art Master General
Art Master General

Post by Saturos »

Vote for Navy! Charcoal is boring and depressive! :wink:
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

#5 on military green!
I'll take 2 shirts and a zipper hoodie..
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

Optic Delusion
sadly this is not a mix and match :/ we are not printing any of the numbered designs, they are just here to show what has been designed and what may be printed later.

All the items will have the logo on the back like the charcoal shirt at the top. If you are serious about a hoodie, then those must be pre-paid.
ImageJeffM
Tedius
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by Tedius »

Olive is reddish brown? Kalamata olives?

That's the one I chose, maybe it just needs a different name, like "mocha blend" or "smokey chestnut" or "rotten kumquat" or something. I agree with Saturos, Charcoal is boring, but has universal appeal.
this signature intentionally left blank
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

The printing company names the colours, Tedius.

I voted for navy blue, seeing as I already have shirts in the other colours. My favorite designs are #2 and #1a
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
z[h]ero
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by z[h]ero »

Yeah, saturos seems the best for T-shirt purposes.
But i have the feeling that #5 is underrated. It's one of my most favorite logos.

Oh, and about #6: I thought coppa kids arn't allowed to be forum members cause it looks like from a talented 6 year old, but never mind.
More important is, whoever did it, i sense Picasso potential inside you. No, it's even better than some of Pablo Picasso's artworks(check out "Dove of Peace", "The Dog", ... to comprehend what i mean)
Last edited by z[h]ero on Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wirth's law: "Software is getting slower more rapidly than hardware becomes faster."
ducatiwannabe
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducatiwannabe »

Either Navy Blue or Charcoal will be absolutely perfect. Love what you guys are doing. Maybe look in to some mousepads. 8)

Besides the final version, #5 and #3 are particularly awesome. I like #5 a lot.
Gabriel G
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Gabriel G »

I like #5 too! :) It'd be cool if there was a computer screen and a keyboard though, with the screen displaying the logo of choice..

#6 is... whatever.
Use the Search and Edit buttons as your question may have already been answered/posted.

spldart
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by spldart »

I'm so excited :twisted:

When I get my tax return I'm gonna get a new BZ wardrobe :)

PS: Charcoal charcoal charcoal! :wink:
'Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope'

-Aristotle-
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

Well looks like the current plan is go with Charcoal, then once we sell enough to cover the costs, a navy reprint.

I'm having at least one shirt printed in each of the shown colors so I can take photos of them so we can see what they look like for a reprint.

We will be making our print order hopefuly on monday.

If you wish to order a hoodie please be sure to do so before then. Once we place the order, the pre-orders will no longer be available until our next print run. If you do wish to order a hoodie and a shirt, please order the hoodie now and contact me after, letting me know you will be ordering a shirt so we can combine the shipping and save you some money when you order the shirt.

On a good note we have been able to get a better deal on the printing, and lower the price of the shirts to 12$ and 13$.
ImageJeffM
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

Pre-order items are now closed.
ImageJeffM
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

The shirts have been ordered, and should arrive at the end of the month. An announcement will be made when they will be available for purchase on the store.
ImageJeffM
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Avatar »

Yay for a Navy Blue reprint (someday)!!

Unfortunately, I'll have to wait for the reprints to order a hoodie. I wanted one, but it's going to be some time before I can afford it (even if I'm not actually being charged until the print run takes place).
And the lesson for tonight is:

Never underestimate the ability of a newb to expect instant success and cry "cheat!" when they don't get it. Don't hate the newb, just give them plenty of learning opportunities. ;)
ts
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by ts »

ducatiwannabe wrote:Either Navy Blue or Charcoal will be absolutely perfect. Love what you guys are doing. Maybe look in to some mousepads. 8)
Just a personal note: Mousepads are one of the key factors of playing. Many people underestimate what a really good mousepad can change.

There are a lot of possible materials (e.g. cloth, plastic, metal and glas) and different sizes for low- middle- and highsensers. In addition to that the same mousepad types are often "feeling" totally different (e.g. one small mousepad made of plastic doesn't behave the same way a different small mousepad made of plastic does).

That difference to the shirts is that mousepads have a very direct impact on playing. Placing colour (custom logo) on top of a pad does also hurt the playability.

This is only my opinion, the shop is not run by me. It doesn't mean there will be never mousepads in BZFlag store.
GU league: http://www.guleague.org/
An introduction to TCP: http://www.lafkon.net/tc/
bzflaginator
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by bzflaginator »

I personally like the military green, as I will be hopefully joining at the end of the semester. It is by popular demand so it seems Navy is in the future.
"He that falls in love with himself will have no rivals."
Tank 52
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tank 52 »

I like #4 and #6 ,and I like them in navy blue,unfortunately voted for military green by accident...hey can you fix that?
Try to look unimportant,they may be low on ammo
Teamwork is essential,it gives them other people to shoot at.