Usernames!

Questions and comments on tactics and playstyles
poops
Private First Class
Private First Class

Usernames!

Post by poops »

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how you get all players usernames on screen whilst playing - red and green etc - cannot find how to do this.

Thanks
the panda next door
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by the panda next door »

:arrow: Use the 's' key

if this doesn't work, go to options :arrow: input settings :arrow: change key mapping
poops
Private First Class
Private First Class

Usernames!

Post by poops »

Thanks - I think I put the question badly - what I meant was that whilst the game is in motion and when I join the game as an observer, other players have everyones username on screen as they are moving. I am aware that "s" will bring up players and scores - I'm looking for the command that allows you to see players usernames whilst in motion and more importantly where they are.

Hope this makes sense everyone.

Thanks for your comments
Tedius
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by Tedius »

Sorry, Humbledoor, there is no way to show usernames while you are playing. Only when you are in observer mode can you press "L" for tank labels. However there are some tricks you can use to help you know who is around you.

You can hit the identify key "i" or right mouse button to see who is right in front of you. Also, while you are playing you can use the hunt function "u" so that an individual tank will blink on your radar and the creepy music gets louder as they get nearer. You can hunt multiple tanks using "7." These are techniques that are invaluable when you play on maps with no radar.
this signature intentionally left blank
poops
Private First Class
Private First Class

Usernames!

Post by poops »

Thanks Tedius - starting to make sense now!