Portable BZFlag

Place all meeting requests / announcements here...
chalks
Private
Private

Portable BZFlag

Post by chalks »

Not sure if I should have posted this in the game releases forum or somewhere else. If it's in the wrong place, sorry!

So. I've been playing BZFlag since Oct 25 2007. I love the game, and play for at least a few minutes every day. However, sometimes I am using a computer that won't allow me to install programs on it. I would _love_ to have bzflag contained entirely on a usb drive. By that I mean when you download a map, the downloaded map goes to the usb drive, not "C:\My Documents\My BZFlag Files".

I feel like this would be simple to do, but since I have no idea about the coding aspect of the game, I don't really know. Any chance this could happen?

Thanks. :)
spldart
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by spldart »

My brother was also interested in working a version of the game that would run from usbstick with another set of packages he's using. I think he posted about it a while back under the name Booch. Can't find the post right now though :(
'Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope'

-Aristotle-
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

2.0 (the current version) does not play very well when the Application is in a non-standard location. 3.0 should be better-suited to something like this.