ausom new map!

Previews and comments on future maps.
Jefenry
Private First Class
Private First Class

ausom new map!

Post by Jefenry »

I'm sorry forum, my fingers hurt typing that...
A Polar Foil wrote:help! i was playing bzflag a few days ago and i found a relly relly cool map!! it had battleboats that could shoot...i saw the big guns shoot down tanks out of the air!!! :shock: :twisted: the map had islands and palmm trees and airplaincarriers too!

anyone no what map this is and where it went to? it said server forced a disconect, and i cant find it anymor :? :?:
here some screenis to show what i mean!! :arrow: :arrow: :twisted: :twisted: :o :turtle:
Attachments
battleboat shooting down tank!!! o.O
battleboat shooting down tank!!! o.O
battleboat.png (108.07 KiB) Viewed 2676 times
airplaincarrier shooting up a tank!!!!!
airplaincarrier shooting up a tank!!!!!
airplainboat.png (102.02 KiB) Viewed 2687 times
battleboats.jpg
a big veiw
(88.3 KiB) Downloaded 203 times
Last edited by Jefenry on Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
hamburger ham
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by hamburger ham »

Wow, it looks like you put alot of effort into that map.. Maybe put more ships for CTF? Just a suggestion...
HH
There's no ham in hamburgers!----===
--=
Jefenry
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Jefenry »

i was playiing on it and it disapered and never came back. do you know wher it went to?
Tedius
Sergeant First Class
Sergeant First Class

Post by Tedius »

It looks like something Spazzy McGee or A Delusion might have made. Did you accidently join a test server?

Whoever did it, I can't wait to play. It looks like fun.

Also, Paper Foil, just because the smileys are there there, doesn't mean you have to use ALL of them!
this signature intentionally left blank
Big Brother
Private
Private

Post by Big Brother »

Oh! I remember playing on that map a few days ago. It had jump pads from the ships to the island and from the island to the enemy's ships. It reminded me of the Normandy map. I can't remember the name of the server either. :(
Spazzy McGee
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Post by Spazzy McGee »

Tedius wrote:It looks like something Spazzy McGee or A Delusion might have made. Did you accidently join a test server?
Not me: *Points at the american flag*

It looks to me like one of anomaly's, he's done those same palm trees before, and it has the same sort of polished look as his volcano map.

In any case it looks pretty amazing. Where did you find it, A Polar Foil? *cough cough*
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon
Jefenry
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Jefenry »

Spazzy McGee wrote:In any case it looks pretty amazing. Where did you find it, A Polar Foil? *cough cough*
i found it thru Join Game -> Server List. but i dont no the name so i cant find it anymor :cry:
Anthony
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Anthony »

if its not yours why is it in works in progress fourm
i can see is me lagging alot if i ever play :(
Jefenry
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Jefenry »

tonywolfe212 wrote:if its not yours why is it in works in progress fourm
i can see is me lagging alot if i ever play :(
i didnt no were else to put it.. id never seen it before, so i guess it still in progress :D
Anthony
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Anthony »

ah good point but the general area is where i would of put it :D
silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by silver surfer »

awsome map...

tony you always seem to have lagg... :rock: :slick:

whoever made that map is a g...

when we find out who made this map.. i think we should have like a map making hall of fame... and all that... this maker would deffinetly be in.

dont hate the faces :D :) :( :o :lol-old: 8) :? :shock: :oops: :cry: :evil: :!: :wink: :roll: :twisted: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :| :mrgreen: :doh: :book: :gross: :angel: :rock: :lol: :idea-alt: :turtle: :P :rip: :tired: :slick: <--- haha thats all of them
Anthony
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Anthony »

im hooked up wireless no phone jack to hook to
ducktape
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ducktape »

Silver surfer: You obviously have to much time on your hands. And if you are trying to be funny, it really wasn't.
Anthony
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Anthony »

it made me giggle :)
Sparky1
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Sparky1 »

I think I know what map your talking about. I was on that map a few times "briefly". From my "short" experiences with that map it has to be one of the coolest ones yet. To say that I like that map is an understatement, however it seems that the feeling is not mutual. Apparently, I must have offended that map somehow. Forget about artificial intelligence, the map maker must have stumbled upon artificial emotion. Every single time i signed on i get to play all of 3 seconds and then my computer freezes which results in the need to reboot. The worst part yet, it seems to lash out only at me. If any1 else manages to find and play on that great map, please tell it that I'm sorry for what ever I did to upset it. If any1 acquires that same problem, please let me know. I don't like to be that kind of special. Its difficult to admire at a distance. I hope to one day be able to fully experience that coolness that is known by some as Midway. Maybe I like that map too much, it is an abusive relationship, perhaps I should join BZ anonymous.
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

I didn't make it, but i know who did. I'm not saying. It uses my skydome.
It's now playing at bzflag3.norang.ca 5189

Seems like there might be a couple small bugs still need worked out, but they are the kind of bugs that don't show up until you get a few players on it, anyway.
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
Jefenry
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Jefenry »

As some of you have probably figured out, this was an April Fools joke and I made the map. Discussion on the map is here.
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

You did have some pretty detailed screenshots for it not to have been yours :P