basic textures

Questions and answers about the how and why of making maps.
silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

basic textures

Post by silver surfer »

ok i need some basic textures such as the grass... the wall... except a bit dark... i looked at images.bzflag.com... except i found nothing... i tried going onto bzflag and roaming... except the word roaming got in the way and i couldn't get it... so i don't know where to get them... any one know...
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Post by Winny »

Code: Select all

\Path\To\BZFlag\data\
On Windows:

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files\BZFlag2.0.x\data
Then just open the files you want to modify in an image editor and change them... then get them uploaded to the image submitter.
silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by silver surfer »

well I'm UV mapping so i need the acual picture... or is thatthe same thing well wut is that=P
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

silver surfer wrote:well I'm UV mapping so i need the acual picture... or is thatthe same thing well wut is that=P
Your map file can reference files from the user's local data directory, so you can use the grass.png file from there.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by silver surfer »

found the pictures=)...

but how do i make the wall darker?... i messed with photo shop but thta did nothing
just skrewed it up
Winny
Grouchy
Grouchy

Post by Winny »

silver surfer wrote:found the pictures=)...

but how do i make the wall darker?... i messed with photo shop but thta did nothing
just skrewed it up
Then you did it wrong. We're not here to teach you how to use Photoshop. Google "darkening pictures in Photoshop", or something.

There are hundreds, if not thousands of Photoshop sites on the web.
zaa
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by zaa »

Yeah, but if you want to make it darker in PS, edit the brightness in the options.

Err, hope that could help... o.0

If you need any more help, just BZMail me in the GU League or Ducati League, or pm me here, and I can answer your questions.

-Zaa