BZAdmin for PDA (windows mobile)

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
Wreckage
Private First Class
Private First Class

BZAdmin for PDA (windows mobile)

Post by Wreckage »

BZAdmin on the other hand would have a large benefit, and in fact a few users have used various tools to get it running on mobile devices ( screen + ssh for example )
This was said by JeffM I believe back in 2002. I was thinking how nice it would be to have bzadmin on my pocketpc, but I don't see anything out there after googling. Maybe I just looked in the wrong places. Is there a file or way to get it on the pocket pc, and where can I find it?

Thanks
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

we do not have a pda version of bzadmin. the user that have done it on mobile devices, run a regular version of bzadmin on a linux computer in a thing called 'screen' then connect to that running computer via an SSH client on the device, and then have that computer redirect the bzadmin output to them.

It is not trivial to setup.
ImageJeffM
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

If a mobile device runs linux, it might be as easy as cross compiling it using that product's SDK. I have a BZAdmin for my Nokia N800 internet tablet.
Screenshots: http://static.bzexcess.com/nokia/

That is running ON the device, not on a remote system.

I've since changed my terminal to have a black background and white text, and added an F2 hotkey to the on-screen keyboard so I can activate the player list.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Wreckage
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Wreckage »

If a mobile device runs linux,
So much for that... Well it was worth a try.

Another question: I just recently started using bzadmin, is there any way to send a pm or to just teammates?
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

Wreckage wrote:Another question: I just recently started using bzadmin, is there any way to send a pm or to just teammates?

Code: Select all

/msg <player> message

Code: Select all

/msg >team message