New Flag

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
Joe B
Private First Class
Private First Class

New Flag

Post by Joe B »

SR- Supply Runner
Behaves a lot like thief, smaller faster. Instead of stealing, SR gives/reloads, if target if flagless, a random good flag is picked; if the target has a flag, SR fills the ammo to max. A good addition for CTF's, gives an easy job for noobs too.

Joe
The unofficial bz flag map explorer, my home port is missile war 2, tell me if you want to take a tour.
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

This would add to the team work side of the game.

Wouldn't help the idle camping issues people talk about though.

Also, why does it have to be a "good" flag? :) Nothings funnier to me then trying to help out a teammate and giving them a Backwards Controls flag.
F687/s
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by F687/s »

First of all, I have a few issues with the name. Steamroller has the abbreviation "SR." Plus the name both reminds me of flag runners, as well as Stunt Runner.

Also, it seems too similar to the TH flag already, and that isn't good when proposing a new flag. And, personally, I don't see what the point is. If you run over a flag, you will usually get a (for the most part) random good flag. And what does "refilling ammo" mean? Shots only take 3.5 seconds to reload, and unless you're playing on Emerald Mosque, it probably wouldn't be that big of a help.

> Nothings funnier to me then trying to help out a teammate and giving them
> a Backwards Controls flag.

Well, I doubt it would be funny to the person who has it. ;-)
(Especially if the server owner is lazy and put no timeout for bad flags)
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

F687/s wrote:(...)what does "refilling ammo" mean? Shots only take 3.5 seconds to reload(...)
I think he's referring to those maps that have shot limits on its flags. Badgerkings has a 50 bullet shot limit on it's GM, L, BU and SB flags.
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

custom flags could do this in 3.0
ImageJeffM
Joe B
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Joe B »

F687/s wrote:First of all, I have a few issues with the name. Steamroller has the abbreviation "SR." Plus the name both reminds me of flag runners, as well as Stunt Runner.

Also, it seems too similar to the TH flag already, and that isn't good when proposing a new flag. And, personally, I don't see what the point is. If you run over a flag, you will usually get a (for the most part) random good flag. And what does "refilling ammo" mean? Shots only take 3.5 seconds to reload, and unless you're playing on Emerald Mosque, it probably wouldn't be that big of a help.

> Nothings funnier to me then trying to help out a teammate and giving them
> a Backwards Controls flag.

Well, I doubt it would be funny to the person who has it. ;-)
(Especially if the server owner is lazy and put no timeout for bad flags)
The idea was kinda to be the opposite of TH, although a good point is brought up, bad flags could be given to enemy targets (a little defensive mechanism if you aren't good at dodging) As stated before, it would give noobs a sense of game play before they really joined in CTF. I also lessens the change of a noob tking.

Joe
The unofficial bz flag map explorer, my home port is missile war 2, tell me if you want to take a tour.
Anthony
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Anthony »

3.0 is going to be great