Team Battle

Previews and comments on future maps.
Astroman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Team Battle

Post by Astroman »

Hey, here's my map (one of my first :D ) let me know what you think...

P.S. If you look in the first screenshot, you can see the little box near the end of the map in the center of the others. That's the base, I can't get it to look "normal"...help :(
Attachments
1.png
First screenshot
(629.12 KiB) Downloaded 153 times
2.png
Second screenshot
(638.88 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
Team_Battle_V2.bzw
The map file
(4.91 KiB) Downloaded 225 times
"I would rather walk with God in the dark than go alone in the light." -Mary Gardiner Brainard
Triumph of the Soul
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Triumph of the Soul »

Make sure you have "-c" specified in your map options or config file. Then your base will appear as normal. I like the looks of this map. Were you planning on doing something about the huge space outside of the main area? Other than that, it looks very interesting. Keep up the good work.

BTW - From the looks of how they base areas are arranged, this would probably be a better map without ricochet enabled. I don't know if that's what you had planned, but keep it in mind, as you don't want too much rampant spawn killing. Also, I would suggest putting more obstacles on the top level to make CTF a little bit less easy.
Creator @: Duck or Die, Duck or Die CTF, Fuel Stack, Guernica, Normal, Frayed
Joe B
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Joe B »

A Distraction wrote:Make sure you have "-c" specified in your map options or config file. Then your base will appear as normal. I like the looks of this map. Were you planning on doing something about the huge space outside of the main area? Other than that, it looks very interesting. Keep up the good work.

BTW - From the looks of how they base areas are arranged, this would probably be a better map without ricochet enabled. I don't know if that's what you had planned, but keep it in mind, as you don't want too much rampant spawn killing. Also, I would suggest putting more obstacles on the top level to make CTF a little bit less easy.
It looks fine with rico to me. as said before not sure what you have planned, but add some obstacles, and perhaps some server hazards.

Joe B
The unofficial bz flag map explorer, my home port is missile war 2, tell me if you want to take a tour.
blast
General
General

Post by blast »

You probably want to adjust your boxes so that you don't have objects that overlap each other. What is what causes those weird textures glitches.
"In addition to knowing the secrets of the Universe, I can assure you that I am also quite potty trained." -Koenma (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Astroman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Astroman »

I tried -c, but still no change... :x
"I would rather walk with God in the dark than go alone in the light." -Mary Gardiner Brainard
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

You need to set the amount of players you want on each team.

Seeing as how you only have a red and blue team, only change those.

This goes in your configuration file aswell as "-c".

Code: Select all

# This allows for max player by team.
# The order is rogue, red, green, blue, purple, observer.
-mp 0,12,0,12,0,8
I've already set for the red and blue teams to allow a maximum of 12 players each and a total of 8 observers. Change this however you want, this is just what I did when I tested it.
Astroman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Astroman »

Nope, didn't work

A Distraction: no, I wasn't planning on anything out of the main area, but I don't know how to change the world size to 300 by 200. do you? (or anybody)
Triumph of the Soul
Corporal
Corporal

You don't have to worry about world size. You would just have to make your own boundries with a [invisible] mesh surrounding the main area. Once you do that, you'll probably want to make a mesh on the ground outside with death physics, so you don't get people going out there illegally.
Astroman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Astroman »

Wow :shock: okay, how do I do that? I am working mostly with bzedit, and then using pybzedit to start my server.
Grace F
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grace F »

You would have to hand code do what A Distraction suggested.

Maybe you should learn :) It's not that hard.
Astroman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Astroman »

Okay, I'll worry about that later, does anybody know how to fix my base problem :?:
Triumph of the Soul
Corporal
Corporal

I was able to run the CTF enabled map without any problems using the changes mentioned in this thread. Update the attached map file or post what you have in your map options section so we can see what you're doing.
Astroman
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Astroman »

Hummmm. I just tried it again and it worked, so I don't know what I was doing, but thanks for the help anyway. :lol-old: