Venn Wars by Sparky1

Previews and comments on future maps.
Sparky1
Private First Class
Private First Class

Venn Wars by Sparky1

Post by Sparky1 »

Introducing my first map, Venn Wars. It is intended to be a strategy oriented FFA map. I call it Venn Wars because the intersection of the SWs result in the appearance of Venn Diagrams on the radar. I made it using BZEdit1.6.5 with some text editing.

Basically there are 9 "teleporter rooms" arranged as a 3 by 3 grid. You can enter the teleporter room from the outside but once inside, the teles are used to teleport from room to room and the only way outside is to die. The tele rooms are also connected by a network of above ground tunnels.

There are also four blocks where each team spawns on, and that allow outside tanks to jump onto the tunnels. the Rogue team can spawn anywhere on the map

There are only SW flags and they can be obtained only from inside the tele rooms. So SWs can only be fired from a tele room or from the tunnels. The tele rooms are vulnerable to external shots and shots made from inside a tele room. However, the teles allow for an advantage to avoid SWs. The tunnels are good for avoiding outside shots, however it's easier to get cornered by SWs.

The current settings for the map are as follows:

3 shots
60 second reload
3 maximum shot limit for SW
900 world units for the SW radius
3 Second for _shockAdLife

From my tests so far there appears to be a bug that perhaps requires a plugin to fix. I originally intended tanks to be able to spawn in, and in particular teleport into the inside of other tank's SWs, however I found that tanks are killed from being inside the volume of the SW and not by just the Surface. The map still allows for much possibilities but it would be much cooler if this problem was fixed, so please let me know if there is a known remedy.

I'm interested to hear your comments and suggestions. I'd also like to know if anyone would be interested in hosting my map on their server.
Attachments
VennWars.bzw
Venn Wars
(13.36 KiB) Downloaded 234 times
bzfi0789.png
Overview shot
(450.97 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
bzfi0790.png
Another overview
(441.96 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
bzfi0791.png
Spawning
(425.69 KiB) Downloaded 129 times
hamburger ham
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by hamburger ham »

Wouldn't this be more appropriate in the "Map Release" forum?
HH
There's no ham in hamburgers!----===
--=
Sparky1
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Sparky1 »

Here are some more screen shots.
Attachments
bzfi0798.png
another view from inside the tunnels
(642.65 KiB) Downloaded 110 times
bzfi0800.png
(592.37 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
bzfi0801.png
SWs fired
(443.33 KiB) Downloaded 117 times
bzfi0804.png
inside the tunnels with SWs
(524.21 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
Sparky1
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Sparky1 »

hamburger ham wrote:Wouldn't this be more appropriate in the "Map Release" forum?
I actually just started this map today, and I put under Works In Progress for the reason that i consider it a rough draft. Should I put it under Map Release? Like I said I'm, new to map making, so I'm not familiar yet with all the protocols.