Brightness problem on BZFlag exit

Help with Setup, Hardware, Performance or other Issues...Or just pimp your rig.
Purple Panzer, The
Private First Class
Private First Class

Brightness problem on BZFlag exit

Post by Purple Panzer, The »

When I exit BZFlag, my screen is much brighter (meaning "whiter"; washed out colors. Could be a brightness or a contrast issue, not sure) than when I started.

My machine is a Dell 4400 PC w/ nVidia card (GeForce3 ti2000), running Windows 2000. This only happens with BZFlag.

This happened sometimes in the past, not always, and I recently installed new driver software (dated July 28, 2003). Now it happens *every* time, and now the color correction option has disappeared - that used to fix the problem, just by going to that tab in advanced properties in display settings. Now, a reboot seems to be needed.

I'd settle for a small .exe which would reset the display, and undo whatever BZFlag does. Of course it'd be nice if the BZFlag client didn't do this, but that might be a bigger fix.

Bryan
julesthejackal
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by julesthejackal »

:x I have the same problem also and I have an ATI 9000pro video card. It only happens on BZFlag and no other games. Must be the way the game shuts down causing an error. I have Windows XP Pro ( i only use windows for games) and on my Linux boxes...I dont have this problem at all......

Jules The Jackal :roll:
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

get the latest directX the nividias are linked against DX9 and it controlls the gamma.

Also current drivers are from august 13th.
ImageJeffM
Grumbler
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by Grumbler »

Patlabor221 wrote:get the latest directX the nividias are linked against DX9 and it controlls the gamma.

Also current drivers are from august 13th.

the release date is august 13, but the build date is in july........so, he probably has the mos up2date drivers
.........you kids, get out of my tank...........
widowmaker
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by widowmaker »

This has happened to me when I adjust the brightness setting in BZ so I have left it alone and it works okay. I would like to adjust this in the game without affecting the display of my machine.
oblomov
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by oblomov »

I have a Dell Inspiron 8200 with a GeForce2 Go and I only have the problem if I exit from BZflag with F12 OR if BZFlag crashes. If I exit from the menu, brightness gets restored correctly.