some where to go with rampages...

Make suggestions for improving one of the best games on the net!
silver surfer
Private First Class
Private First Class

some where to go with rampages...

Post by silver surfer »

Congratz you got a Rampage... now what

this post will partially continue my ranks and upgrades post...

so ok you have a rampage...

killing spree

unstoppable

continues to rage on!

die...

ok that was fun now what??

idea!

ranks- Every kill is 3 points.

once you hit rampage 6 points each

killing spree- 10 points

unstoppable 13 points

rages on 17 points

and once you get to unstoppable you get an airsrike!!!!

3 fighter jets come
drop 2 bombs each in the air they explode like a mine and have 20 bullets com out

all teamates are imune of these bullets

but no thats not all

if an enemy has shockwaves or gm and they wana kill those jets they can take them out before they are... if they do they get 20 kills meaning it could be an asortment of points up to about 1020 points!

the player that launched the attack will not die unless they are ofcourse under the sw or guided by the gm...
now ur thinking... 1 gm thats it?... no 5 and it has to catch them... these things will be going fast...

next

by that time youve probably killed what up to 3 people?....

you might have a continues to rage on... what now?.... well then on the 3rd continues to rage on you get to drop an emp charge across the whole field except your ofcourse imune.... this means ALL players are paralyzed
from movement for 10 seconds. meaning that you can go across the field
killing all your enemies =)

#1 this could effect the gameplay very much

it could add challenge (which i kno around half the bzflag population
wants...
if there that annoying player thats up by 50 this could possibly bring the game close...

yes im not a freak that sits on my couch and thinks of ways to make this
game better i got this idea from call of duty 4 (1st idea)
got the other from another game...

and both these ideas would be on the top of the unlocks list if those that were to happen and i wouldnt mind working on that if someone wanted to add it

remember this is just an idea
Triumph of the Soul
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Triumph of the Soul »

The problem is, you're not changing the situation; you're only emphasizing it at its logical extremes. You say it would add a challenge to the game? You are right. The person who has a score 50 more than other players has this score for a reason: It's because the player with the best score has the most skill. Sure, luck has some say in the matter, but it is largely irrelevant. Your idea seems to be geared at leveling the playing field for the lesser players by giving them power ups. All the lesser players have to do is achieve rampage status. The only problem is, the best player(s) in the game are killing them. Then guess what will happen. The best players will achieve rampage status and become truly "unstoppable".

The only way to level the playing field for players of less skill is to implement a handicap or some other type of unconditional advantage for them.

Above all, this idea is way too complicated.
Creator @: Duck or Die, Duck or Die CTF, Fuel Stack, Guernica, Normal, Frayed
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

Post by optic delusion »

A long time ago we had a version of the playHistoryTracker plugin that announced the weapon that you used to attain your rampage. It was cool.
It would say things like "Optic Delusion is on a USELESS Rampage"

I don't know what happened to it.
Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
L4m3r
Hater of Everything
Hater of Everything

Post by L4m3r »

Optic, for some reason it was a lot more prone to double-counting kills and other issues, iirc.

Presently, plugins can't change player scores, so this idea isn't really doable until 3.0 is released.
Optimism is just a milder alternative to denial.
Tank 52
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tank 52 »

Just so you know ss ive played call of duty 4 online a bunch of times and you have to make those kills in a certain amount of time (kill streak) which isn't to easy in bz,not to mention in call of duty four those aren't ranks just a little bonus for getting those kills your rank stated how many kills you've made which u get a rank for,which im thinking good be put into bz,not the airstrike thing but only a simple thing next to someones name like a rank private corpral ect. of course people say that ranks don't really matter it's not hard to get..but it would make you want to kind of play more get more kills and you know just try to get a better rank..I don't think the rank will mean that much to others but for the person trying to get a higher rank it might make them stay on longer or just enjoy the game more..I can't really code it up and if someone actually wanted to it would probably take a while but still this is something i would just put in for fun. And also the thing with bots making easy kills that way,well how about it's codded up so on servers where bots are allowed you can't get "exp" there...
Try to look unimportant,they may be low on ammo
Teamwork is essential,it gives them other people to shoot at.
tw1sted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tw1sted »

This is BZFlag, not COD4, and your idea basically allows the better players to get better score and causes the "noobs," if you will, to not enjoy the game as much because they are getting frozen or dying every 20 seconds.
Tank 52
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Tank 52 »

Yeah i think i know that,still i think it would be a good day even for noobs,why because once they make that "first kill" it would be a bit more fun,but what exactly do you mean by getting frozen hmm?
Try to look unimportant,they may be low on ammo
Teamwork is essential,it gives them other people to shoot at.
Acmex
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Acmex »

NO NO NO, it would make the rampager just about IMPOSSIBLE to kill!
Acmex says:

Hi.
Bye.
Acmex!
JeffM
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Post by JeffM »

the rampage thing is a plug-in. it is not part of the basic server. We will not change it to do any thing like this.

If this is something you want then you are more then welcome to extend the plug-in yourself.
ImageJeffM