Noob with random questions

Questions and comments on tactics and playstyles
noobie
Private
Private

Noob with random questions

Post by noobie »

I'm completely new, i've tried going to servers b ut i keep getting absolutely destroyed. I was wondering if someone would be willing to go with me into a server and give me maybe a 5 minute lesson on how to play. This would be SO helpful. Anyone up for it?
lol_u died

Post by lol_u died »

I'll help....2marro 7:00am Pacific TIme... Deal? See you on the map called Cobra..... just search for Cobra
zaa
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by zaa »

I would be delighted to help ;)

I find it very fun to help, and it always gives me this feeling of happiness.

Please, when you have a free moment, please pm me, and we'll arrange what would be a good time for you, and where the lesson would be located.

And remember, I am basically online BZFlag and the BZBB forums every day, so I do check my pms daily.

If you have any questions, please, I would love to answer them.

-Zaa ;)
ZGMF-X20A Strike Freedom
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by ZGMF-X20A Strike Freedom »

well well well what do we have here.

Hehe

Right then send me a pm as to what time you are free tell me where you live so i can see what timezone you are and i will meet you at the server called "To By Tanner" here i can teach you how to control your tank which is the basics before you go onto actually fireing your gun. You will learn how to jump where appropriate learn to control that jump and learn the essence of speed as well from it. Oh and ill probably be logged in as GN-001 Exia
Boots-and-Braces
Private
Private

Post by Boots-and-Braces »

I'd love a little help, too. I've had so much fun playing for this past 2 hours.. although I last about 30 seconds before getting blown up. I did kill a couple though :P
Amoeba
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Amoeba »

Sure, if you wanna have a lesson PM me, I'll be happy to help.

Anyways, welcome to the BZFlag world and I look forward to playing with you.

-Amoeba!
optic delusion
Special Forces
Special Forces

SHELLSHOCK! SHELLSHOCK!

Post by optic delusion »

Take a look at my Defender game mode concept.

Thinking is not an automatic process. A man can choose to think or to let his mind stagnate, or he can choose actively to turn against his intelligence, to evade his knowledge, to subvert his reason. If he refuses to think, he courts disaster: he cannot with impunity reject his means of perceiving reality.
F687/s
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by F687/s »

> SHELLSHOCK! SHELLSHOCK!

A little excessive, but you're right. The best way to learn is to do it yourself. Believe it or not, there will not always be people around to tutor you in the basics.
plasma kaz
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Noob with random questions

Post by plasma kaz »

noobie wrote:I'm completely new, i've tried going to servers b ut i keep getting absolutely destroyed. I was wondering if someone would be willing to go with me into a server and give me maybe a 5 minute lesson on how to play. This would be SO helpful. Anyone up for it?

Thing is, everyone gets absolutely destroyed when they first play bz :)

its one of the reasons i believe there arent as many players in it as a game such as call of duty 4 :)

one good tip i can give ya is watch other players in observer and mimic there actions. also use mouse if you aren't already.
MACGOSS
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by MACGOSS »

Well, for a start, change your log-in name. "noobie" denotes someone who maybe in the game to teamkill or cause some other mayhem which an admin like myself might want to kick out. Look for @ beside the names on the server you want to play at, most admins will give you some help if you ask them. The way to do that is to hit the "z" key and you will talk directly to the admins. Its their job to keep the server rules in force and to help players who ask for tips and whatnot. I would be happy to help if I'm on (usually every night). Look for the top 4 or 5 most popular servers and I'll be there. 8)
ts
Dev Monkey
Dev Monkey

Post by ts »

If you write to the admin channel you lower the chance of getting a reply. Try messaging them directly. Here is why:
  • • The ability to receive such messages is a different permission. • Not all people with @ can receive admin messages.
    • If several admins are on they might end up discussing who is going to answer and can't decide.
    • Some will assume you can read admin messages (as it is a seperate permission) and you may get your answer in the admin channel which you can't read.
    • Finally I know quite a few admins (including myself) who don't like players to "spam" their channel.
GU league: http://www.guleague.org/
An introduction to TCP: http://www.lafkon.net/tc/
Stary2002
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Noob with random questions

Post by Stary2002 »

i would like a session on tactics :)
if thats ok
anyone can
just PM me with the timezone your in,the server and time
:)