The 2 Castles of Doom by lol_u died and TJ13820

Previews and comments on future maps.
lol_u died

The 2 Castles of Doom by lol_u died and TJ13820

Post by lol_u died »

Hello everyone! I have been working on a new map for about 2 months and still not done. But I know it will be a hit :) I will soon show screenshots of my progress when I have the chance. Later I have teamed up with TJ13820 and I am still deciding if I would like this hosted on the CoAM group or by Cobra_Fast again. I will be posting updates from today. But I need help of decideding a better name for the map. It's a CTF map and 2 castles. and there is a mini-fun house in the middle. Please help me chose a better name. Or if you think "The 2 Castles Of Doom" is good let me know in your post reply. Thank you so much to Tj for help me out! :D
Longhair
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Longhair »

It might be easier to help you choose a name if we had something to see....

It's fine if you're not done, but there's not much point in announcing it if there's nothing to see. The name should be the last thing you do. A good, finished map is the first thing.
Marines
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Marines »

make it "The Castle Of DOOM"
lol_u died

Post by lol_u died »

MARINES wrote:make it "The Castle Of DOOM"
But there are 2 castles not one......
macsforme
General
General

Post by macsforme »

Please note that there is already a map entitled "The Two Castles" running at viper2.pimpi.org:5158
spitfiire
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by spitfiire »

There is a another place called the 2 castles but READ he calling it the 2 CASTLES OF DOOM
lol_u died

Post by lol_u died »

Hello Everyone I have finnaly got 80% done with my map and thanks to TJ13820 The map is temporarly hosted for any comments or suggestions. I have included a couple of screen shots.

THE MAP IS CURRENTLY BEING HOSTED ON:

Server: coam.servegame.com
Port: 50500

Thanks! Please leave comments and suggestions and THIS MAP WILL ONLY BE UP FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS!
Attachments
bzfi0043.png
(387.47 KiB) Downloaded 66 times
bzfi0044.png
(322.51 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
bzfi0045.png
(552.35 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
lol_u died

Post by lol_u died »

The other pictures :P
Attachments
bzfi0047.png
(248.15 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
bzfi0048.png
(193.66 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
bzfi0049.png
(618.17 KiB) Downloaded 64 times
bzfi0049.png
(618.17 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
lol_u died

Post by lol_u died »

MORE PICTURES!!!! Hey its a big map! :P :wink:
Last one
Attachments
bzfi0050.png
(440.17 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
bzfi0052.png
(235.36 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
bzfi0053.png
(419.72 KiB) Downloaded 60 times
Abominable
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Abominable »

lol_u died
You can get your image hosted at a respectable image host website, such as "tinypic". Upload the picture, and generally it will give you a link that you can use for forums and blogs. I will looks omething like this [img]YourPhoto[/img] It's a lot easier for the users to see so they don't have to keep downloading every picture you post.
tw1sted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tw1sted »

Its too open. Try adding some blocks to the middle.
tw1sted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tw1sted »

Just took a look at the map -- a couple of things:

1. The map is WAY to big. Seriously. It takes at least a minute (maybe 2) to get from one end to the other. Even if there are a lot of people on the server, you would need to drive for at least 5 minutes just to catch up to a person.

2. The teleporters don't work. The one in the main area doesn't work as well as the ones in the stairs (those ones are too close to the wall).

3. The are too many stairs. Honestly, if you want to have the bases that high up, then supply a working teleporter. No one wants to climb all those stairs just to grab a flag and cap it.

4. There is no way to get to the center building. Seeing as the teleporters don't work, and I assume you get to the building that way, you are not able to get into it. I tried jumping from a base area, but landed short.

5. The middle is too empty. If your going to keep the map that big, at least supply us with some scenery to look at while we're trying to find a flag or catch an enemy.
Abominable
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Abominable »

I just took a look at the map as well. You took the original scheme and idea from mine and strider's old map it looks like.
lol_u died

Post by lol_u died »

A Heart Attack wrote:Just took a look at the map -- a couple of things:

1. The map is WAY to big. Seriously. It takes at least a minute (maybe 2) to get from one end to the other. Even if there are a lot of people on the server, you would need to drive for at least 5 minutes just to catch up to a person.

2. The teleporters don't work. The one in the main area doesn't work as well as the ones in the stairs (those ones are too close to the wall).

3. The are too many stairs. Honestly, if you want to have the bases that high up, then supply a working teleporter. No one wants to climb all those stairs just to grab a flag and cap it.

4. There is no way to get to the center building. Seeing as the teleporters don't work, and I assume you get to the building that way, you are not able to get into it. I tried jumping from a base area, but landed short.

5. The middle is too empty. If your going to keep the map that big, at least supply us with some scenery to look at while we're trying to find a flag or catch an enemy.
A heart attack. I know about those problems. Like I said I am about 80% done. I didn't fix the tankspeed also. This map was just a test to see how it looks like and to see if the teleporters work. (which they dont) Anyway for the stairs I was going to put an Escalator Physiscs or a trampoline physics. But I think I'll do escalator and for that I need to bring the size of the stairs down. And OF COURSE im going to put stuff in the middle! I ain't THAT dumb! I always do the easy parts last which Im just gonna put a couple of boxes, pyramids and stuff like that in the middle. And on the top level of the castle also! So I believe the release date on this map will be probably this or next week. I have the config file ready to go so I put that out of the way. And yeah. But what do you people think about the lol_u died part? The one that i made with boxes and all?

And Blizzard. I DID NOT DO SUCH THING! I didn't steal ANYONES idea! Dude I'v been working on this map for 3-4 MONTHS! I don't even know the guy that you mentioned! This map is clean, fresh, new, and from MY idea. So please don't bring me down on this by telling me it's someone elses idea. And besides, remember the basketball court for the CoAM group? Well there was already built but it's ok to make another one with your ideas in it. Free country FREE BZFLAG! heh . So bottom line, my idea and this map is fresh and new.

To everyone! Thank you so much for testing out my map! REally you people were a great help on bzflag. And of course I will fix the minor bugs. (and major i think :P ) And if anyone has any suggestions and thoughts please PM me or just post it on this thread. Thanks!
Abominable
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Abominable »

I never brought you down, I said "it looks like". Dude relax, it's a game.
Last edited by Abominable on Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tw1sted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tw1sted »

lol_u died wrote:A heart attack. I know about those problems. Like I said I am about 80% done
It does not look like your 80% done. More like 50%. The problems I mentioned are pretty big...
lol_u died

Post by lol_u died »

A Heart Attack wrote:
lol_u died wrote:A heart attack. I know about those problems. Like I said I am about 80% done
It does not look like your 80% done. More like 50%. The problems I mentioned are pretty big...
I fixed them all in 5 mins.
tw1sted
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by tw1sted »

Then I honestly don't see why it took you month's to finish 80% of the map.
lol_u died

Post by lol_u died »

A Heart Attack wrote:Then I honestly don't see why it took you month's to finish 80% of the map.
Don't worry about how long I'v been working on the map. Just know that it's being worked on and it's almost done. THAT'S ALL! And besides. I just randomly put some boxes and pyramids and stuff in the middle and it seems better now. and the teleporters were just messed up a little.
lol_u died

Post by lol_u died »

THE 2 CASTLE OF DOOM IS 98.9% DONE

Tj13820 Is just adding small Easy Physics and about 6 textures on a couple of meshes and Wallah! It's done! Tj13820 Or I will give you the updates on where you can play the map.

*CoAM MapMaker and Cop*

lol_u died
spitfiire
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by spitfiire »

looks nice i cant wait for it to be 100% done!
BZFLAG IS LIKE THE TOBACCO IN CIGARS AND CIGARETTES:

ITS VERY ADDICTING AND HARDER TO QUIT THE MORE YOUR EXPOSED TO IT.